Passed it!

paknightpaknight Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed the Network+ today with a score of 886. I am rather shocked, but over the moon!

Planning now to either do Security+ or move onto MCSA - any recommendations?

Comments

• GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    Congratz. If your planning on getting security+ at any time, I'd say that now is the time to do it. While your still in a comptia mind set, and used to answering comptia styled questions.
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations!

There's something to say for taking the MCSA first as well, the Sec+ exam is designed for people with a certain amount of experience, taking your MCSA will make some of topics from the Sec+ exam easier to understand.. it will make more sence..
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    congrats.

i am not shocked.
    A+ Moderator
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Excellent score!

Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • CLC36CLC36 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! Great score...Good luck in your next cert.
  • paknightpaknight Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your kind words.

I have studied for both the A+ & N+ in my own time - nothing to do with the job I am doing at the moment. I have noticed that I haven't had to really "force" myself to study - I actually have enthusiasm and motivation just by the nature of the subjects. This is something completely new to me!

I know the one thing I am lacking is actual experience, so I was wondering if anyone had any tips - what I was thinking of doing is approaching a few schools/charities to see if I could offer any voluntary help. Only thing is the 9-5 gets in the way!

But I do believe I have learnt so much since starting from the A+ - I have surprised myself at how much I have taken in. I feel confident in the subject matter, I'm just dying to get a chance to prove it!

I think I will start the MCSA next - Security+ is definately something I will do, it's just I think the whole Microsoft certification will (a) further my understanding and (b) maybe make potential employers sit up and take a bit more notice.

I must just say that the Technote for N+ from this site was absolutely invaluable for the N+ and the practice exams are spot on as well! So in that respect I must say a big thank you to all of you who toil behind the scenes making this such a helpful site, and of course, a big thank you to all in the forums who provide such useful insights!
  • pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    Good job..

Yeah I hear the security + is one heck of a test.. You should take webmaster's advice and head out towards MCSA
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. IMHO MCSA then Sec+ ... maybe then the rest of the MS stuff for the Security addition to MCSA.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    icon_thumright.gif Congrats! paknight.

pandimus: I hear all CompTIA exams make people sweat?
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Congrats and good luck with the MS side.....