Passed my Network+ exam!

ColinVColinV Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed the N10-005 today with a 797. I studied for the N10-006 for about a month but switched to the N10-005 content for a week before the exam. Honestly, I don't remember anything in N10-006 material that didn't apply to the N10-005 exam.

Simulations were interesting, one was more head scratching then the others due to how simple the answer seemed.

I had to make sure to carefully read what each question was asking as the questions can be misleading.

There was only one question I could not make an educated guess on.

My advice for anyone is to know how to answer multiple choice questions. If you don't know the answer, make it simpler for yourself and eliminate the wrong ones first to increase your chances on choosing the right ones. Its better to have a 33% or 50% chance to be right then 25%.

Oh! Be prepared for the survey at the end, it was frustrating having to answer it before getting my results.

Comments

• simo11simo11 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats what's resources did you use , I'm taking the exam next Wednesday can you please give me some advices how to deal with exam and how did you find the questions ? Thanks
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats what's next? icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • waelh2001waelh2001 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can u help me what Simulator questions u got on ur exam?....i am taking the exam on 27th August.
  • ColinVColinV Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    waelh2001 wrote: »
    Can u help me what Simulator questions u got on ur exam?....i am taking the exam on 27th August.

I can't violate the NDA so I will try to be generic as possible. Keep in mind, others have listed their simulators in this forum and other places and I did not get what they got.

Setting up a wireless network to the specifications of the customer.
    Troubleshooting a network after an issue has occurred.
    Troubleshooting the configuration of a network.
    Troubleshooting network media in a network.

Know your wireless types, your wired/wireless media types, and how to configure end user devices. Read the request and question carefully. There were questions that had more then one right answer but the correct one was based on what the question asked for (eg, cheapest, fastest, don't use this, etc). Some simulations you only have to make 2 changes, some you have make change almost everything. Don't get too worked up about the simulations. I marked each one for review and spent ~3-5 minutes on each one.
    Congrats what's next? icon_thumright.gif
    I don't like sharing what I will do next. It makes me not do those things. icon_wink.gif If I share my goal before starting it, you get the feeling like you completed the goal and don't do anything to achieve it. See psychological satisfaction for more info.
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Michael-Michael- Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    How vital is knowing how to subnet for the Network+?
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good job, congrats!
  • RockinRobinRockinRobin Member Posts: 165
    Spiegel wrote: »
    How vital is knowing how to subnet for the Network+?

I didn't spend very much time studying subnetting, as it was frustrating me. I only got one question on it. Your mileage may vary.
    I didn't spend very much time studying subnetting, as it was frustrating me. I only got one question on it. Your mileage may vary.

I spent a good amount of time on subnetting but it was a refresher for me since I knew it from my CCNA days. I had the same milage as RockinRobin where I only had a single question. Its not as hard as it seems, just practice, practice, practice!
  • orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing Net+!! icon_cheers.gif

-Travis
    • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
    • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
    • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
    • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd