CCDA straight after CCNA?

SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
Hi All,

I am looking at what certficiation to take after I complete my CCNA R&S. I am just wondering is CCDA a possible cert to do straight after? I am aware that it's a tough exam and I have little experience when working within a network.

I ideally want to become a voice consultant and I figured CCDA may help me go down this track. The reason I am not going for collaboration already is because it's lack of current content.

If you think that CCDA is possible after just my CCNA and little real life experience, please could you also let me know what materials I should use?

Thanks,
Simrid
Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    It's definitely possible. It wouldn't be my recommended path for someone new. If voice is your thing go for it. You can find plenty of material to learn from even if it's not a dedicated exam guide.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    It's definitely possible. It wouldn't be my recommended path for someone new. If voice is your thing go for it. You can find plenty of material to learn from even if it's not a dedicated exam guide.

Interesting, thanks for your response. So, I can complete collaboration and just work alongside the blueprint for the exam and hope it's all relevant etc haha?

Thanks

sriddle.co.uk
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    That's how it's been for a lot of exams through the years. No dedicated books. Just have to take the blueprint and work from there.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    To be honest I think you would get more value out of the CCNA: Voice cert. The CCDA touches very lightly on Voice and design, to the point where the CCNA: Voice would provide the same amount of info in the first 2-3 chapters in any Cisco press book. From what I can recall the Cisco Collaboration SRND's would give you a much more in-depth look at voice design.
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
  • SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    stlsmoore wrote: »
    To be honest I think you would get more value out of the CCNA: Voice cert. The CCDA touches very lightly on Voice and design, to the point where the CCNA: Voice would provide the same amount of info in the first 2-3 chapters in any Cisco press book. From what I can recall the Cisco Collaboration SRND's would give you a much more in-depth look at voice design.

So your advise would be to do collaboration before CCDA and it will assist immensely?

sriddle.co.uk