Resume Fails

joemc3joemc3 Member Posts: 141 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just realized today that I was sending out my cover letter with (insert Company name Here) in the body of the cover letter. It appears in three locations. I just laughed it off, but boy am I glad i caught it before sending it out 100 times. Anyone else make a goof on resume or cover letter?

Comments

• VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    That's hilarious....I've sent a few resumes out with apparent spelling issues or incorrect use of past/present tense sentences and only realized it after I had just hit send. I guess you live and learn icon_lol.gif.
  • aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This thread reminded me of this post I saw on some other forum awhile ago. Pretty classic. The guy who created the thread stated that he'd applied to over 30 jobs with no responses until this one.

http://i.imgur.com/5kiOCX3.png
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That's Hilarious!
  • Params7Params7 Member Posts: 254
    I've done that plenty of times. Doesn't matter, plenty of fish..er companies in the sea.
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    aderon wrote: »
    This thread reminded me of this post I saw on some other forum awhile ago. Pretty classic. The guy who created the thread stated that he'd applied to over 30 jobs with no responses until this one.

http://i.imgur.com/5kiOCX3.png

Seems legit...
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • CyberSecurityCyberSecurity Member Posts: 85 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I kept sending my resume out to tons of employers and no one called me for a couple of months because my phone number was wrong.
    Ph.D. IT [UC] - 50% complete
    M.S.C.I.A. [WGU] - Completed 6/2018
    B.S.I.T.M. [WGU] - Completed 4/2017
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    A long time ago I used a Word template for my resume and forgot to delete all of the Lorem ipsum text in part of the document.
  • steele84steele84 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    A long time ago I used a Word template for my resume and forgot to delete all of the Lorem ipsum text in part of the document.

LOL when they read it out loud is was like:
    “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson