Cisco has decided to retire the 640-554 exam

xGregxGreg Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello guys.

I bought the 640-554 exam on Pearson VUE some days ago, and today I received this email from them:
Hello,

We are contacting you to inform you that Cisco has decided to retire the 640-554 exam on December 1, 2015. We are contacting you because you are currently scheduled at a date past December 1, 2015 for the exam.

Please visit www.pearsonvue.com/cisco to access your account and reschedule your exam to a date prior to December 1, 2015.

Thank you,
Aaron
IT Program Coordinator

Pearson

Always Learning
Learn more at www.pearsonvue.com

Someone know what's happening with the CCNA Security Certification? A new exam version? Certification discontinued?

Should I present the exam? I'm CCNA Routing & Switching certified. If Cisco is going to discontinue/retire the exam/certification, the 640-554 exam (CCNA Security) will re-validate my Cisco Certification 3 more years?

Thanks in advanced.

Comments

• koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It should. If you take CCNA Sec before Dec 1 2015 it should renew your CCNA R&S. I'd email Cisco to confirm.
  • DPN1DPN1 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There updating it to the 210-260 exam. I'm in a similar conundrum considering I have just started studying for the exam after passing my CCNA R/S. Think I will go for this though maybe a week or two before it retires.
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was going to wait until I finished my NP:R&S before I looked at CCNA:S. I may go ahead and pull the trigger on security though, as all of my current material is for the current exam.
  • bamahonkybamahonky Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just checked Pearson Vue and you can sit for the new exam now. It is currently available.
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    They are refreshing almost all of their exams lately. It looks like you can schedule the new exam as of now or take the old one through November 30. I remember seeing a post about somebody finding a book on the new exam a few weeks ago.

CCNA Security - IT Certifications and Career Paths - Cisco Systems
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    They are refreshing almost all of their exams lately. It looks like you can schedule the new exam as of now or take the old one through November 30. I remember seeing a post about somebody finding a book on the new exam a few weeks ago.

CCNA Security - IT Certifications and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

No kidding. It seems like every time I begin studying for a cert, Cisco updates it -- CCNA: R&S, CCNP: R&S, CCNA: Voice, etc...
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • niles312niles312 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    theodoxa wrote: »
    No kidding. It seems like every time I begin studying for a cert, Cisco updates it -- CCNA: R&S, CCNP: R&S, CCNA: Voice, etc...

Lol so true

As much as I'd like to knock this off before v2.0 retirement while I've got all the training material, already got a lot on my plate with Voice & Video this month, followed by VCP-NV the next (that too is due for retirement soon).. Oh well
  • DrekkoDrekko Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey guys
    Just reading this thread
    I want to start studying for CCNA Security
    but because of them retiring the exam, should I look for study material for the 210-260 exam?
    As someone said they are updating it to that
    Havent been able to find anything though online..
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Drekko wrote: »
    Just reading this thread

Read the other threads, lots of info out there icon_cheers.gif
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Drekko wrote: »
    Havent been able to find anything though online..

CCNA Security 210-260 Official Cert Guide
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • DFTK13DFTK13 Member Posts: 176 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey guys, just wanted to be helpful....They're selling CCNA:Security 210-260 on amazon now :)

CCNA Security 210-260 Official Cert Guide: Omar Santos, John Stuppi: 9781587205668: Amazon.com: Books
    Certs: CCNA(200-301), Network+, A+, LPI Linux Essentials
    Goals: CCNP Enterprise(ENCOR + ENARSI), AWS CSA - Associate, Azure AZ-104, Become better at python, learn docker and kubernetes

Degree: A.S. Network Administration
    Pursuing: B.S. in I.T. Web and Mobile Development Concentration