Anyone try cisspexampractice.com

RiverLiverRiverLiver Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
I tried the practice exam and it seems pretty good. Seems to have some really nice tools
for tracking results.

Anyone try them/are they legit?

(It costs $59.00 so they'd have to be better than what's available or why bother)

Comments

• Spin LockSpin Lock Member Posts: 142
    I didn't sign up for their online practice exam, but this same company publishes CISSP exam books which are available on Amazon (book link is at the bottom of their web page).

I bought the book because the Kindle version is $25 and the questions are likely the same. The book is very good - nothing but sample tests with good explanations. The questions are similar in difficulty to Shon Harries CISSP Exam Book (3rd Edition). Well written questions that follow the CBK, and for $25 you're getting 1000 quality questions. Not bad.

Here's the link to the book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0982576846/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=sslowe-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0982576846
  • cisspusercisspuser Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I tried demo and it looks good but need to confirm prior to pay any price $59 or $25. Is it worth ?icon_rolleyes.gif
  • OM602OM602 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ok somebody had to go in first. I went ahead and purchased
    I don't have a kindle reader and don't want to convert illegally so amazon not an option.

I have purchased CCCure too, so should be a good comparison(and a good way to learn)
    The world chico, and everything in it
    I passed last week, didn't use this site all this much

For starters, what I find amusing, is that the sign-in page isn't protected by SSL/TLS(what layer does that operate BTW? icon_razz.gif)
    Quite ironic for an IT security certification.
    It doesn't have a study mode like CCure, and the questions aren't as hard as at Transcender.

Then again the more sources the better, when it comes to the CISSP examen, I wouldn't take anything for granted.
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    OM602 wrote: »
    I don't have a kindle reader and don't want to convert illegally so amazon not an option.

Amazon has kindle reader software for desktop and mobile platforms. Besides Google Play Books, I also use Kindle reader on an Android tablet.
    The main advantage for an E-reader is 1. The screen and 2. No distractions
    So gonna buy a kindle :)