Options

INE CCNP Bundle Review?

wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All. It's been a long time since I last came around these woods!! I'm about to start working hard on my CCNP Route 300-101 exam. I want to start getting CCNP certified to progress my career.

After looking around a lot, and i mean a LOT, I came across reviews for the INE CCNP labs and wondered what all you happy chappies on here thought of the deal?

Thanks guys icon_smile.gif

http://www.ine.com/self-paced/ccnp-routing-switching.htm
~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese

Comments

• Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was thinking about buying this as well but last time I checked, the ROUTE lab workbooks were not complete so I passed on it. I'd contact INE to double-check if they're actually finished or not.
  • Options
    azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    More than happy with the INE package. The videos are thorough, SWITCH labs no errors (just have to change the config from physical to virtual), ROUTE labs are a being released when/as ready, can't speak for the exams though.

As with any material its good to have an alternate view, so I have the IPX series as well (even though they are for the previous exams, the underlying technology is still the same [dtp, vtp, stp, rstp, mst, etc]).
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I bought the Bundle with the GNS3 discount. So far I have been very pleased with it. The material is good.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, much appreciated! -> Am a little concerned about the Route material though. It seems sketchy all over the place on-line. I know the exams are new but I'd have expected a ratified and fully to go solution somewhere..

I have the CCNP book for 640-902 from rene molenaar which is great, but I find the way he explains the concepts a little out of whack, it could be as his English is non native..

I suppose for £63 I can't really complain too much. I may take the plunge as it's $99 in the 7 day sale they have on right now.
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese
  • Options
    I think it is well worth it. I bought it while I waited for Chris Bryant to renew his CCNP route series (I am doing route first). Keith Bogart is very easy to listen to. The lab book for route does need work. I use their previous route workout as a lot of the content is still relevant.
  • Options
    Okay cool. So you get access to all the old materials and the new ones? And I'm assuming it's a permanent online thing attached to your account? I did email them but they haven't yet got back to me :/
  • Options
    I believe they released the old workbook for free.
  • Options
    But the old one won't have the necessary materials to help pass the new exam. I'm probably going to go and buy it anyway, but I know there are tons of materials to choose from which makes it hard :/
  • Options
    azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    wedge1988 wrote: »
    But the old one won't have the necessary materials to help pass the new exam.

Has that much really changed?...BGP is still BGP, EIGRP is still EIGRP, STP, VTP, and all ther rest...there may be more focus on some areas, or new material added/old material dropped (wireless is SWITCH for instance) but there are more similarities than differences...

I'm also using the INE videos from 2011 by Brian Mcgahan, its good to get a second view on things and how they are explained...or that extra bit of info not found elsewhere