New here...studying hard

thisissohardthisissohard Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello friends. I am new here and am studying hard for Comptia A+. I joined because I thought it would be nice to speak with people who are going through the same thing as I am.

For now I have one question about the All-in-One book by Myers. It seems like he covers a great deal of stuff that is not going to be on the exam. I am not just talking about the "historical" and "Beyond A+" sections. He likes to talk about some of his favorite software. He also begins a thought with "this is not on the exam, but every tech needs to know..." Am I wrong about this? Does the Exam-Cram book stick more to the essentials?

Please let me know anything that could enlighten me about these tools.

Have a great day.

Comments

• G.O.A.TG.O.A.T Member Posts: 138
    Hi

I have actually switched from the All-In-One book to the Exam Cram as it just gets down to business. The All-In-one actually just complicates things as it adds alot of fluff making you wonder what is actually relevant. If you know more than the average PC user such as you know what RAM is or you know what the CPU does then go get the Exam Cram. I'm also studying for the A+ if you have an IM service or something maybe we can discuss resources etc further.
  • thisissohardthisissohard Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I actually just ordered Exam Cram on amazon. I am hoping that it will be more clear than Meyers book. If that doesn't work out for me then I am just going to have to bite the bullet and pay for a course that has labs and interactive instruction. Very costly, so I am hoping to avoid that path.

Thanks for your reply.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Don't forget Professor Messer and cybrary.it. Free resources that might prove helpful to you.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    stryder144 wrote: »
    Don't forget Professor Messer and cybrary.it. Free resources that might prove helpful to you.
    +1. Find and take as many free practice exams as possible.
    And if by some slim chance you fail; reschedule the exam for as soon possible so that you still have the info fresh in your memory.

I'd wish you luck; but I believe FAR MORE in constant preparation and perseverence. Press on toward your A+ cert no matter what. icon_thumright.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.