Anyone sitting for the CISM Dec 2015 exam?

tuabuikiatuabuikia Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just signed up for CISM Dec 2015 exam yesterday right before the early bird registration offer ends. Passed the CISSP on July. Looking forward to end 2015 with a bang by passing the CISM as well icon_razz.gif

Anyone else taking CISM exam on Dec 2015 as well? If you are, best of luck. icon_wink.gif

Comments

• mokazmokaz Member Posts: 172
    tuabuikia wrote: »
    Just signed up for CISM Dec 2015 exam

i'll take it in Dec as well...
  • TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Yes, I'll be taking mine in December.
    Just signed up for CISM Dec 2015 exam yesterday right before the early bird registration offer ends. Passed the CISSP on July. Looking forward to end 2015 with a bang by passing the CISM as well icon_razz.gif

Anyone else taking CISM exam on Dec 2015 as well? If you are, best of luck. icon_wink.gif

Small note - you won't get the results until 2016 :/
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Also opt in for exam results notification via email. Believe the default was opt-in.
    D-day is usually 5th Friday after exam and at around 12 pm EST; check the ISACA June results forum for exact details.

ISACA will also send the results by post. This is usually slower; it takes about 2 months after exam for postal mail to reach me on the other side of Pacific pond. icon_sad.gif
  • splash24splash24 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mines booked in December 12th as well , Can one of you help me with this basic query

I am trying to buy the CISM review Manual 2015 and the only option available is hard copy with a shipping charge of 26$ , Is this the only option ? I was hoping for a soft copy and i am not sure how long shipping would take to reach Bangalore , India

Thanks in advance.
    I found my answer browsing through other posts.Looks like there is NO soft copy.

I borrowed 2014 manual from a friend , 2015 manual seems to be just 10 pages extra.Cost is not my concern if it's between clearing the exam.Is there a major change from 2015 vs 2015 manual ? Thanks
  • tuabuikiatuabuikia Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    splash24 wrote: »
    Mines booked in December 12th as well , Can one of you help me with this basic query

I am trying to buy the CISM review Manual 2015 and the only option available is hard copy with a shipping charge of 26$ , Is this the only option ? I was hoping for a soft copy and i am not sure how long shipping would take to reach Bangalore , India

Thanks in advance.
    Amazon or ISACA store? If you need that material fast and cost is not an issue for you; buy at Amazon and pay for expedited shipping. Should arrive within a week. Good luck :)
    Tongy wrote: »
    Small note - you won't get the results until 2016 :/
    You're right... Result should be available early January 2016. Start the new year with a bang then. icon_thumright.gif

Good luck to you. :)
    mokaz wrote: »
    i'll take it in Dec as well...
    Good luck mate! :)
    ISACA shipped CRM to me in Singapore via FedEx. Less than a week.

Took my CISM in June, after passing CISSP and CASP in April. The CRM and QAE helps, as does the CISSP knowledge.

Good luck!
    Mike7 wrote: »
    ISACA shipped CRM to me in Singapore via FedEx. Less than a week.

Took my CISM in June, after passing CISSP and CASP in April. The CRM and QAE helps, as does the CISSP knowledge.

Good luck!
    That was quick. How many questions does the QAE contain?
    That was quick. How many questions does the QAE contain?
    About 1.6K+ in total. I did not finish doing all of them.

My intent was to understand the ISACA way and let the knowledge sink in until it becomes common sense.
    In fact, I do not recall memorising a lot of things.
    Just ordered the 2015 CRM and q&a books... Will probably get the online questions to help seal the deal!
    Thanks Mike , I just passed CISSP last week and banking on the knowledge.Do you know if 2014 vs 2015 manual is a major change ? 2015 manual seems to have 10 pages extra than 2014 and i borrowed this book from a friend.I am contemplating spending amount for those 10 pages , Thanks.
    Thanks , Mike mentioned ISACA takes the same amount of time.
    Thanks Mike , I just passed CISSP last week and banking on the knowledge.Do you know if 2014 vs 2015 manual is a major change ? 2015 manual seems to have 10 pages extra than 2014 and i borrowed this book from a friend.I am contemplating spending amount for those 10 pages , Thanks.

No idea. We need someone who has taken both 2014 and 2015 CISM exams.

Are you a ISACA member? Login to My Isaca, and go to My Groups. When you sign up for CISM, they will add you into "CISM Exam Study Community" group. Ask your question there, the group is moderated by ISACA staff.
  • ep5068ep5068 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I found my answer browsing through other posts.Looks like there is NO soft copy.

I borrowed 2014 manual from a friend , 2015 manual seems to be just 10 pages extra.Cost is not my concern if it's between clearing the exam.Is there a major change from 2015 vs 2015 manual ? Thanks

Not sure about the difference between the two manuals but I passed the June 2015 exam using a combination of the 2013 manual and the 2015 online QAE database.

I started by reading through the entire manual, and then taking practice questions from each domain. The QAE database will tell you the questions by domain and knowledge statement, so I would go back and read the sections that I was having difficulty with based on what questions I was missing.
    ep5068 wrote: »
    Not sure about the difference between the two manuals but I passed the June 2015 exam using a combination of the 2013 manual and the 2015 online QAE database.

I started by reading through the entire manual, and then taking practice questions from each domain. The QAE database will tell you the questions by domain and knowledge statement, so I would go back and read the sections that I was having difficulty with based on what questions I was missing.

This helps , Thanks a lot :)
  • SecMan320SecMan320 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Planning to do CISM and have started collecting the details.
    Have I to buy all the following resources to prepare for CISM. Pls. suggest.
    English: CISM Review Manual 2015
    English: CISM Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2014
    English: CISM Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2014 Supplement
    English: CISM Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2015 Supplement
    English: CISM Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Database - 12 Month Subscription
    English: CISM Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Database V15 CD-ROM
    You can buy everything listed at https://www.isaca.org/bookstore/Pages/CISM-Exam-Resources.aspx
    Most find the following good enough.

English: CISM Review Manual 2015
    English: CISM Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Database - 12 Month Subscription aka QAE database
    I've bought the CISM review manual 2015 and the 2015 q and a book.

It's strange but I'm actually really looking forward to it! Not so much the wait to find out pass/fail!
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I'm in for December. Was going to do September but got busy doing the GSEC.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • buhuskybuhusky Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm with you guys. Best of luck to all....
  • SecMan320SecMan320 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Mike for your reply. Because of budget constraints I wanted to know what minimum one should buy.
    I reckon that the bare minimum to take the test would be the CISM Review Manual 2015- since the cornerstone of the exam is to understand the management focus, provided you know that you should be able to cope with anything the test throws at you!

I got mine from Amazon USA, shipping wasn't too bad and saved a fair bit on the price too.

I dare say that the price of the online exam questions is far outweighed by the payoff the investment makes you in the longer term... Speculate --> accumulate.
    SecMan320 wrote: »
    Thanks Mike for your reply. Because of budget constraints I wanted to know what minimum one should buy.
    Tongy wrote: »
    I reckon that the bare minimum to take the test would be the CISM Review Manual 2015- since the cornerstone of the exam is to understand the management focus, provided you know that you should be able to cope with anything the test throws at you!

Some have passed the CISM without any study resource. Possible if you have the experience. That is what this guy said https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc2LrAZSZX4 icon_smile.gif

The CISM Review Manual is a good read for InfoSec managers. If you have the experience, the manual is good enough.
    QAE helps to reinforce the management focus. I found both useful for the exam, and will keep the CRM as reference.

Some have passed by just doing QAE, and using CRM as the occasional reference. Check the forum for details, and decide what your bare minimum is.
    Indeed, but I guess it comes down to who's paying... If you are staking your own £$¥€ and feel confident with a few questions and your on the job knowledge will suffice that's fine!

It's a personal thing at the end of the day... I personally think that the cost justifies the further expense rather than be under informed and get beaten down by the exam you are poorly prepared for.
    Agree.

SecMan320, you can also try the CISM Self-Assessment Exam to assess your level of knowledge.
    I suppose a good question to asked those that took the exam in June would be: are the self assessment questions true to the difficulty/format of the actual exam?
    Read the description on the ISACA page. These guys are serious and precise. Really live up to their "Trust in, and value from, information systems" motto. icon_lol.gif