Where can I find CCNP Switch Labs?

scheme7scheme7 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys,

I recently passed my CCNA a few weeks ago and have started studying for my CCNP RS (switch->route->tshoot) . I have x2 3560 at home I got from ebay and I'm looking to buy x2 2960 to complete my lab. From what I have read during my research x2 layer 3 and x2 layer 2 switches should be enough to finish my switch studies.

My question to you guys is where can I find labs for ccnp switch that will work with my home lab? For the route exam I will use gns3.

Study materials I'm using is FLG and chris udemy series.

Thanks !! :D

Comments

• koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Here you go:

CCNP SWITCH Lab Manual, 2nd Edition

CCNP SWITCH Lab Manual

Amazon.com: 101 Labs for the Cisco CCNP Exams eBook: Farai Tafa, Paul Browning: Kindle Store

Two seperate versions of the CiscoPress lab books and 101 Labs for CCNP. The latter also has ROUTE and TSHOOT labs.
  • scheme7scheme7 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the links. Will the 4 switches be enough to run through the labs in the lab manual ?
    scheme7 wrote: »
    Thanks for the links. Will the 4 switches be enough to run through the labs in the lab manual ?

Yep, in fact the labs are based on 2x 3560 and 2x 2960 so you should be all set with what you're getting. For TSHOOT you will need to connect your switches to GNS3.
  • scheme7scheme7 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sweet. I'm going to pick up the switch lab manual from cisco press. Do you think the ROUTE lab manual is worth it ? Cisco press is having a sale if you pick up two books you get 45% off. I might as well grab both now if ROUTE is worth.

EDIT: I can grab both books for 53$ screw it. I ordered both. icon_lol.gif
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
    scheme7 wrote: »
    Sweet. I'm going to pick up the switch lab manual from cisco press. Do you think the ROUTE lab manual is worth it ? Cisco press is having a sale if you pick up two books you get 45% off. I might as well grab both now if ROUTE is worth.

EDIT: I can grab both books for 53$ screw it. I ordered both. icon_lol.gif

Yeah the ROUTE workbook is pretty cool. The 101 Labs for CCNP are better though, imo. And only 10 bucks if you get the Kindle version.
  • DKempeneersDKempeneers Banned Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    In NetSim software
  • fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    A great resource is the configuration guide for one of the access layer switches, e.g. 3560. It's relatively limited in scope compared to all the configuration guides for routing, and it's feasible to read and configure pretty much everything relevant in it as you prepare for the exam. You're looking at like 1300 pages, but only around half of it is CCNP topics, and lot of it is step by step configuration instructions. Another free resource is the old INE CCNP workbook. It's made for an older CCNP version, but the major topics are more or less the same as far as I know. Those two books plus some kind of theory textbook like the OCG is all you need imo. Remember that at the CCNP level you're expected to have a good theoretical knowledge, but you only need to be at an intermediate level when it comes to configuration. Therefore, focus most of your time on theory, and use lab time to reinforce the concepts, rather than to learn intricate configuration.
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    koz24 wrote: »
    Here you go:

CCNP SWITCH Lab Manual, 2nd Edition

CCNP SWITCH Lab Manual

Amazon.com: 101 Labs for the Cisco CCNP Exams eBook: Farai Tafa, Paul Browning: Kindle Store

Two seperate versions of the CiscoPress lab books and 101 Labs for CCNP. The latter also has ROUTE and TSHOOT labs.

Nice they made a new one for the new exam! I'll have to check that out. Anybody know if there is a free PDF download somewhere? I remember finding one for the old exam versions when it was still the current exam.

Also to add to the lab practice content: There is a lab manual in the back of the Simplified Series of each CCNP Simplified book. I have used that for both Route and Switch and do enjoy the content.

Amazon.com: Cisco CCNP SWITCH Simplified eBook: Farai Tafa, Paul Browning: Kindle Store

You can get the kindle version and pull it up on a kindle reader on your desktop and work directly from it as you configure.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi