Looking to get into Virtualization

EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
Good day, all

For some time now, I've been on the Cisco path. Some of the newer technologies, or hardware version that are aligned with my current duties are only available virtual. For that reason, I decided to jump into Virtualization, starting with the VMware Certified Associate 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCA6-DCV).

With 4 hrs of studying on workdays and 6+ hrs on weekends, how long would it take to be able to try and pass the exam?

Is this the current OCG?
http://www.pearsonitcertification.com/store/vca-dcv-official-cert-guide-vmware-certified-associate-9780133854497

Thanks, all. Excited to expand my knowledge further!
“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius

Comments

• GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
    I took the VCA-DCV (5) in Feb or March 2015. The course for it is free on the VMware site to enroll and take. It took literally 1 day to study and pass the exam. I suggest reviewing each important concept and taking notes of it and review the notes.

The VCA6-DCV exam has a free course online. Video + interactive quizzes, etc. I'm gonna guess that it will be fairly easy to pass just by doing the interactive video and quizzes. Just make sure you know everything they talk about on the video. For reference I passed the VCA-Cloud and DCV with a score of 330. VCA-DCV took about 5-8 hours study and review. VCA-Cloud took about 10+ hours study and review.
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Since you're new into virtualization, I guess it'll take you at least a couple of weeks.
  • EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Tried to enroll for the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals Course.

Our Export Compliance Team has done a thorough review and analysis of your request. We have determined that the transaction cannot be completed due to non-compliance with U.S. export control laws and regulations.

I am using the following resources for VCA6-DCV exam
    OCG - Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals: Understanding Techniques and Designs for Highly Efficient Data Centers with Cisco Nexus, UCS, MDS, and Beyond
    CBT Nuggets - VMware vSphere 5.5 VCA-DCV VCP5-DCV with Greg Shie

Please let me know if this is not adequate enough for the exam. Thanks!
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius