Mirror Android to large screen

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
Hi,

Any one got any good ideas to mirror a android device to a large screen?

I want to present a demo of an android app, so I want to mirror the screen to the room Projector system. Trouble is that this sits in its own VLAN so things like chromecast will not work. I tried the SDK with a cable but the update rate is so slow and I need to present videos to.

So I want to be at the front of the room with a tablet in my hands (wireless or wired) and have the screen mirrored to the screen and able to play back a video.

Cheers
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I have a Samsung Android device and Samsung "Smart" blu-ray player. If you've got access to those they do screen mirroring off of eachother. The other way I have done it wired is with the mini-HDMI ports from my old Motorola.
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Some android devices have a mini HDMI port.

If it doesn't have a mini HDMI port
    see if your device supports MHL adapters or Slimport adapters
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • MagmadragoonMagmadragoon Member Posts: 172 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You could try creating a VM in Virtualbox and using the Android image. Then load the software you want from there.
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You could try creating a VM in Virtualbox and using the Android image. Then load the software you want from there.
    What?? I am not sure how this is mirroring the screen of an android phone to a big screen?
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    He is saying run the android software as a VM and load what you are trying to show on your phone on that VM and then just share your PC screen
    kohr-ah wrote: »
    He is saying run the android software as a VM and load what you are trying to show on your phone on that VM and then just share your PC screen

I know, I mentioned in the original post "I want to stand with the tablet in my hands....", Emulating is not the same as mirroring, emulation is what I use in development, not what I want when showing of some thing to a conference room full of people. I want people to be able to use it as it would be in a live environment, ie. on a real tablet with the screen mirrored so every one else can also see it.
  • MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    What model and brand of Android tablet do you have? What model of TV will you be trying to mirror to? There is actually quite a few solutions on the market to accomplish now a days.

How to connect Android to TV - How-To - PC Advisor

Here is an article that has some good information. I know that many of the Samsung brand items you can throw your android to the TV, I have a Samsung smart DVD player I can throw my Kindle screen to the DVD player and the DVD plays straight through to the TV. So there is many different options for doing what you want.

In reading your original post, I see now that you are trying to go to a Projector, which model is the projector.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    I just use a mini HDMI to hdmi cable or we use clickshare and I link up to it at work.

This is on an Nvidia shield
    There are indeed a lot of ways, TV is easy as mentioned, I have smart TV's, PS3, chrome cast and raspberry pi's that I cast to at home. But as mentioned I was looking at a pc/projector. there is the allcast mirror app but this has to be on the same network segment and it does not cast video very well.

Cable works OK but then you have a cable fixing you to a single spot. After trying a number of cables and wireless system I decided none of these really play video very well, So I am going to use a mixture of technologies. For demo of the table I will use mirrocast, but when I want to play videos I am using Kodi media center on a raspberry pi (just cause I have one spare), controlled with a nice remote app on the tablet.

Mirror cast will be on screen A, Kodi is on screen B. this seems to give me the best over all experience.