Options

Recommendations with certifications

cms819cms819 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
I currently have A+ Net+ Security+ CCTRS ( cisco certified tech routing and switching) CCENT. I am currently working on my CCNA and plan on getting (in the following order after my CNNA) - ITIL foundation, CNNA Security, CCNP

I was wondering if this was a good selection of certifications. My current goal is to work in the field of networking (maybe as a network admin, or in network security.)

any recommendations would be great!

thanks,

Comments

• Options
    piedthepiperpiedthepiper Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you want to get into networking, youre defo on the right route!

I would consider the VCP6-NV, as that'll get you into that area too!
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You are on the right path.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    You're in the right way.
    If you got CCENT, is time to get some experience. Look for NOC jobs or support jobs heavy on the networking side.
    meh
  • Options
    cms819cms819 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have about a year experience in troubleshooting routers and switches as a technician with cisco vise engineers pretty much telling me what to do. I was mostly doing Hardware replacing parts,modules,etc and a little bit of configuration including loading IOS and configuration files. I always wanted a job in IT wasn't specifically sure in which field. Through my job experience I finally fell in love with networking. I am Planning to land a Network Admin Job after i get my ccna.. I am worried however because of my lack of experience , and keeping all the information that I have been studying in my head is not easy. I hear they train you on the job... hopefully they do.
  • Options
    BigleafBigleaf Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can you get some work in the network industry while you're pursuing the certs? Real-world experience can be extremely valuable to connect your certification knowledge to, and employers will understand that as well so you'll have a better shot at a great job.