step by step practice labs 70-410 exam

JerryLJerryL Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm looking for some step by step practice labs for server 2012R2 for the MS 70-410 exam. Does anyone know where I can find some. Preferably it would include everything from installing the operating system to include creating users and Hyper-V.

Thanks.

Comments

• techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The Panek book has step by step labs in most areas, you can also find them all over the internet if you search for what you want to lab.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • cruwlcruwl Member Posts: 341 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Exam Ref book is trash stay away from that one.

The Training Guide book has quite a few labs and exercises and is much better:
    Amazon.com: Training Guide Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2 (MCSA) (Microsoft Press Training Guide) (9780735684331): Mitch Tulloch: Books
  • JerryLJerryL Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies. I've looked at the book by William Panek I've read the study guide by Don Poulton. Wonder if they're about the same.

Thanks.
  • techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The Poulton guide dives in a lot more, which I'm finding to be very good. Panek is more of an overview but it does have some decent labs. After reading the Poulton I wouldn't suggest buying the Panek, I'd just find guides online like search for '2012 setup hyper-v differencing'.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
    Found virtual practice labs on Boson that are step by step. Has all the labs you would require for the exam and come with multiple DCs and clients. Look promising. Labs come through Boson. $149USD. Good for a year also.
  • chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    does dan poulton have a 70-412 guide? i has a look but couldnt find anything only 70-410
    Doesn't look like it