Passed ITIL Foundation exam today

TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
Took the ITIL Foundation exam today after work. Finished the exam within 30 minutes. I studied only one book, the ITIL Foundation Exam Study Guide by Liz Gallacher and Helen Morris. I started with CBT Nuggets videos though while commuting to/from work. After i finished the book and the videos, I watched some random youtube videos, there are plenty of them out there. I don't remember specific videos I watched but just look for the videos that are longer than 1 hour. Took 1 month preparation. Also used some of my experience to answer some questions. Most are common sense questions/answers the hard part are all the similiar sounding words and all end with service/process.
It's good knowledge to have. The language is very business oriented so you learn how to use business lingo. I suggest it to anyone that is thinking about management.

Comments

• tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass man. I have a voucher that expires soon and looking to take it before 9/3.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations on the pass. That is awesome. How would you rate the CBTNuggets material?
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    stryder144 wrote: »
    Congratulations on the pass. That is awesome. How would you rate the CBTNuggets material?
    The CBT nugget videos were good. A bit dry though, I started watching them at home and was falling asleep. Then i gave up on watching them at home and started listening them on the road while driving. Didn't plan on falling asleep while driving lol. The structure is good but like I said, the exam is not very hard if you are somewhat prepare. There were some videos that I found on youtube that I liked more than CBT nuggets though. Just search on youtube for ITIL certification and watch the 1 hour long videos.
  • Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Congrats on the pass! Did you use the practice exam that came with the book? I'm using Claire's book and I'm planning on taking the exam some time next month. Would you say that the videos are crucial to supplement with the book ? Thanks.
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Justin- wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! Did you use the practice exam that came with the book? I'm using Claire's book and I'm planning on taking the exam some time next month. Would you say that the videos are crucial to supplement with the book ? Thanks.

The book is more than enough to prepare and pass the exam. I took the practice exams on the book only. Before I started studying though i took an assessment exam to baseline myself and to see how much of an existing knowledge I had for ITIL from experience. I took the assessment from Global Knowledge. I beleive I scored 55% on the assessment prior to studying anything.
    For every chapter of the book i was scoring in the 80% and 100%, except for 2 chapters were i acored 50% and 55%. Overall though my score was 80% at the end of studying the book.
    I used the videoa because of my learning style and retention ability. I can burn more knowledge into my brain when I hear something out loud instead of just reading it. So this would depend on the individual but for me the videos were necessary to get more familiar on some topics.

Thank you all! Glad I passed too, i want to focus on CISA, CISM and CEH next in that order. But I will take some time off first. I also want to do CCSP and I'm currently gathering materials and waiting for the CBK. We will see how it goes I guess.
    Does anyone know if its worth it to order the physical certificate? Since it does not expire I was thinking I should order it.