Options

Is the 800 series useless?

G.O.A.TG.O.A.T Member Posts: 138
Due to it dealing with old tech like XP and IDE etc?

Comments

• Options
    majestic_pecanmajestic_pecan Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    XP and IDE may be old but they are still used in production environments. Just because a technology is old doesn't mean we can ignore it or hope it will go away.
    If you want to make the case that the A+ is useless, it would be because of all the meaningless facts that you have to memorize to pass it (RAM pin counts, arbitrary processor speeds, random video resolution rates, etc.), not because it deals with old tech.
    2016 GOALS:
    Linux+
    Wireshark
    New job...
  • Options
    G.O.A.TG.O.A.T Member Posts: 138
    I agree now tbh, after studying for this I just dont think its the exam for me. Not sure where to go now really in terms of studying. A+ isn't that recognized in the UK anyway.
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Since you already have an MTA in Windows, maybe going for one of the MCP/MCSA/MCS's will be of more benefit to you. Newer, more relevant technology that might be more useful to you (though the A+ knowledge is helpful across a wide spectrum of interconnecting technologies).
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me