CCIE Security v5.0

Network_EngineerNetwork_Engineer Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
When do you think Cisco will release version 5.0 for Security?

Comments

• Network_EngineerNetwork_Engineer Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I heard CCNA Security is retiring soon (unofficial). Changes are coming in the near future.
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hope it's not too soon, I am slowly getting back into Security and I'm gearing up for IE#2...

Although any change will give me 6 months etc etc so plenty of time to sit th current written.
  • Network_EngineerNetwork_Engineer Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Found this update on network bulls blog.

Per Mark Snow at the bottom and dated on 10DEC, "Cisco will announce launch of CCIE Security Version 5 within 2 months. You guessed it right. They may add their next generation firewalls in the new syllabus. Cisco has really innovated in last 4 years in Security. Hope to hear the good news very soon. CCIE Security Version 5 will be the biggest update ever in any CCIE Certification till now. It will give you opportunity to work on all next gen devices of Cisco. Stay Tuned!"

CCIE Security Version 5 | Release Dates, Changes, Rumours

Mark Snow is a prior INE instructor and has inside connections with Cisco. We are less than 2 months out.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Sounds about right :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
    Soooooo, what do I do now then?

Announcement in 2 months = Mid Feb = August for v4 labs.

Think I might have to beast mode it and fly to Belgium in August - the mobile lab I wanted was for September.

Well regardless I'm 11 months a CCIE and it ain't gonna recertify itself, so passing the written isn't a waste.
  • cbthutcbthut Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    gorebrush wrote: »
    Hope it's not too soon, I am slowly getting back into Security and I'm gearing up for IE#2...

Although any change will give me 6 months etc etc so plenty of time to sit th current written.

You really don't know if the real Mark Snow wrote that.
    I find it a bit unusual to make such an assertion on that website.
    Needless to say we do know a change will come at some point.
    While I agree, the security track is getting on a bit now. I'll just keep going with v4 and see what happens.
    Well Cisco Live has been and gone, was there an announcement?
    Nope. Not as of yet. I'm actually pretty surprised.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Me too! So, another 12 months of v4 then?
    I have nooooo idea.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Well, going to continue with v4 for now then!
  • FadakartelFadakartel Member Posts: 144
    Damm was hoping they would have updated the exam by now, would have liked to trick my boss into getting me to do the CCIE sec instead of the CCIE SP lol.
    Well it's not the only time of the year they can announce it. They can do so anytime they want, it's just at Cisco Live I believe is the traditional outlet to do so.
  • nelson8403nelson8403 Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I hope they update it soon, we use all NGIPS devices and sourcefire / firepower I'd rather not have to go back through IPS software that isn't even supported anymore..
    Bachelor of Science, IT Security
    Master of Science, Information Security and Assurance

CCIE Security Progress: Written Pass (06/2016), 1st Lab Attempt (11/2016)
    Heh, I'm actually happy if they leave it alone for another 12 months, we have hardly ANY new stuff in our networks so the current exam would actually suit. HOWEVER, I'm not too worried either way.
  • KrekenKreken Member Posts: 284
    gorebrush wrote: »
    Heh, I'm actually happy if they leave it alone for another 12 months, we have hardly ANY new stuff in our networks so the current exam would actually suit. HOWEVER, I'm not too worried either way.

I am still working on converting PIX's and VPN3000 appliances to ASA-Xs. While new technology is great, there are lot of legacy technology still in place. Hell, my previous company still had DECnet in place for one application.

I would like to take a version 4 as I have more experience with it. When does Cisco usually announce CCIE revision? Is it at Cisco Live?

Edit: Written was updated to 4.1 and the last date to take old version is 24 Jul 16.