Taking Sec+ Monday 8-31

Juicy JonJuicy Jon Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just worried about the performance based questions a little. Are they pretty much drag and drop? Or are they equivalent to A+ type questions?

Thanks in advance!

Juicy

Comments

• ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    ccnpninja wrote: »
    Good luck on your exam!

I will tell you what I can without violating the NDA after tomorrow...
  • Juicy JonJuicy Jon Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks! Good luck
    Juicy Jon wrote: »
    Thanks! Good luck

Drag and drop, but an order of magnitude more complex than any of the practice exams I took. Be ready, know the material inside and out.
    Thanks! Good luck

Good luck tomorrow man. Relax, there is plenty of time on that test. Think through each one.
    Thanks guys. And thanks for coming back and letting me know did you pass Ertaz?

I sha'll let everyone know tomorrow. I have been studying my butt off. It is just so descriptive in every little thing it is kind of intimidating.
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck! You'll do fine. I'll be studying and taking mine in a few weeks so let us know how you did.
    Thanks guys. And thanks for coming back and letting me know did you pass Ertaz?

I sha'll let everyone know tomorrow. I have been studying my butt off. It is just so descriptive in every little thing it is kind of intimidating.

I passed. I studied pretty hard too. There was some material in there I had never seen before. Ended up with an 845/900.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Congrats!!icon_cheers.gif
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
    Nice score! Congrats. What sort of material was there you hadn't seen before?
    gncsmith wrote: »
    Nice score! Congrats. What sort of material was there you hadn't seen before?

Unfortunately, I can't say because of the NDA, but there were "types" of cryptography that I never saw anywhere on any of Gibson's practice tests or my McGraw Hill book.
    I passed everyone. Scored 815!
    Used Darrils books and a variety of practice tests and videos.

I also made sure I understood the theory behind every multiple choice question so I wasn't just brain dumping.

I also bought the cert master from CompTIA which I DO NOT recommend. At least for security +
    I passed everyone. Scored 815!
    Used Darrils books and a variety of practice tests and videos.

I also made sure I understood the theory behind every multiple choice question so I wasn't just brain dumping.

I also bought the cert master from CompTIA which I DO NOT recommend. At least for security +

Congrats Man!
  • vlxhdvlxhd Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Juicy Jon and Ertaz, I'm getting ready to take my Security+ exam on Sept 14th myself. I'm fresh off getting my Network+ (July) and so far I've read Darril Gibson's GCGA: SY0-401. Can you suggest any other resources that would help, considering there were questions not covered in the book? Any info appreciated, thanks.
    Practice exams with scenario type questions I feel like helped me expect how the questions would be worded.
    vlxhd wrote: »
    Congrats Juicy Jon and Ertaz, I'm getting ready to take my Security+ exam on Sept 14th myself. I'm fresh off getting my Network+ (July) and so far I've read Darril Gibson's GCGA: SY0-401. Can you suggest any other resources that would help, considering there were questions not covered in the book? Any info appreciated, thanks.

In fairness, I used the Mcgraw-Hill book but purchased the extra questions from Gibson. Maybe the left-field questions were betas, but they were a scary reminder that I had gaps in what I had learned.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    congratsicon_cheers.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.