Options

Network Plus Book Suggestion

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey Everybody
Up until recently I have been studying with my old N10-002 material,Techexams and the 2005 Comptia Objective list. I thought this would be a good way to save some money since I was recently laid off.
Anyway I broke down and bought a new Network Plus book. The book is by Michael Cross and Laura Hunter. ISBN 1-931836-42-6

I have never seen a book more detailed then this. It really goes in depth on a lot of subjects. Where my Exam Cram book has a lot of short facts, this book gives very detailed answers. I am up to chapter five and and I am very impressed by what I am reading.

Example: Chapter 4 Wireless Technologies,
This chapter goes over what is needed for the test and then goes beyond that with in depth information. I know have the whys to some of the questions I had about wireless networking.

To close, this is a good book.
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    These are what I used and passed with 707:

Title - Network+ Fastpass (Highly Recommended)
    Author - Bill Ferguson
    ISBN 0782144071
    2 x Practice Exams included + Electronic Flashcards on CD

Title - Network+ Study Guide: Exam N10-003 (Very detailed)
    Author - David Groth
    ISBN - 0782144063
    2 x Practice exams on CD

Title - Network+ Practice Questions: Exam N10-003
    Author - Charles J. Brooks
    ISBN - 0789733528
    500 Practice Questions on all topics covered in Net+ exam

I got all of the books on www.Amazon.co.uk relatively cheap, the dearest was the Sybex Net+ at 22UK pounds the other 2 were around 12UK pounds each.

Hope this helps and good luck man!
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Laura Hunter is a detail person so it makes sense that you would find the book interesting. She has been on the net a lot and was awarded Microsoft MVP for her contributions in helping people. I think that you will be much happier rather than studying for the old test and trying to fill in the blanks. good luck
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO