New CISSP study guide is getting hammered in Amazon reviews.

ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
I am about to begin studying for this and I thought this would be my primary source for info. However, the reviews have been just outright bad.

http://www.amazon.com/Official-Guide-CISSP-Fourth-Press/dp/1482262754/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438262142&sr=8-1&keywords=CISSP

This is supposed to be up to date with the new test, but I don't want to go through 1300 pages of poorly written material if I don't have to. Suggestions for other material that has been updated for the new test requirements?

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ouch, disappointing to see.

I'm about to start studying soon for the CISSP as well. I'm thinking of starting off with Shon Harris's AIO book. Its a couple years old and still using the 10 domain model but sounds like others on here say its still a good source and should work just fine. (will use a few other sources to study as well of course)
  • soccarplayer29soccarplayer29 Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yikes, those reviews do look rough. Maybe try the CCCure videos which have been updated to the new exam version?
    otherwise I'd just use the older material and try to fill in any gaps as needed.

Also if you can wait--the Eric Conrad CISSP Study guide is being updated to the 3rd edition which amazon says will be released in november.
    Certs: CISSP, CISA, PMP
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I used the ISC2 CBK 3rd Ed and it was awful. Shon Harris' AIO 6th Ed was my main resource along with the audio files. I also used Eric Conrad's study guide and 11th hour.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • tonglebeaktonglebeak Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The reviews are spot on. That's all I'm going to say about this terrible book. I put it down after the first domain. Didn't need it to pass at all.
  • kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
    May be CBK's follow a particular standard way of writing..But again I recommend CISSP test takers to go through the CBK at least one time..
  • roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I keep reading about the audios by Shon Harris. What audios and where can I get them?
    浪人 MSISA:WGU
    ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP
  • roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks. I did find these eventually last night. Does anyone know if these are basically the same as the Shon Harris AIO book but in audio format? Or are these just supplemental to the book?
    浪人 MSISA:WGU
    ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    tonglebeak;

Ever see a good review for an (ISC)2 CBK? They're always terrible.

- b/eads
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I finished Sec+ last month. The book is on my desk now. icon_sad.gif I am going to make a go at it.