Certificatition that may help me get an edge

KheyshawneKheyshawne Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi i would like to know different opinions on wich certificates can help me land a job in the future ( 2yearplan) .
I,m currently studying syteem/network admin
I busy with CCNA an Comptia A+
Mcse are in my plans to
but would this be good enough to land a Job in the USA ?or would i need a lil more?
any help or opinion would be greatfully valued! icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• DFTK13DFTK13 Member Posts: 176 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hello Kheyshawne, Welcome to the forums! The CCNA and the MCSE are both very good certs in the US from what I've seen and heard. The A+ is a good cert for foundation topics and some jobs actually require it, but the CCNA and MCSE will take you MUCH, MUCH further in the job market here in the US. I think you'll be able to get a job fairly easy with those certs, also with the right resume and interview experience. It would also serve you pretty well to look into pursuing some security Certifications. I would start off with reading Security+ for foundation concepts. Anyways, This is just from what I've seen and heard, I'm currently pursuing the CCNA and also searching for a job. There are many others on this board who are WAAAAYYYYYYYYY more qualified and more experienced than me, and are willing to help you. :) However, I can say the most important certification for your entire career is Determination! Good luck!
    Certs: CCNA(200-301), Network+, A+, LPI Linux Essentials
    Goals: CCNP Enterprise(ENCOR + ENARSI), AWS CSA - Associate, Azure AZ-104, Become better at python, learn docker and kubernetes

Degree: A.S. Network Administration
    Pursuing: B.S. in I.T. Web and Mobile Development Concentration
  • KheyshawneKheyshawne Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you so much for your reply !!!
    and yes i,m looking into comtptia security as well but i,m contemplating if it would be better to just go ccna secturity.
    I have alot todo on my list ! but i,m very determin to get them and start a new live in USA icon_cool.gificon_bounce.gificon_bounce.gif
  • DFTK13DFTK13 Member Posts: 176 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CCNA: Security is very good for Cisco and the technical part of networking in that aspect from what I've heard. I hope a forum member with the Cert can chime in and either reinforce or correct what I've said. However, again, I would study Security+ if you know absolutely nothing about security, and then if you feel that you want to go entirely into security as a career, then the CISSP would be where you want to go for a cert in the US. However, that requires you to actually have working Security EXPERIENCE to sit for the exam from what I've read. So, it would be a good idea to get the CCNA security(no experience required) but you must have at least a CCENT(ICND1) to take the test, the CCNA is recommended. Then after you get CCNA Security, you can get experience and then study for the CISSP and take the test.

Just a little more information about the CCNA security, they are retiring the 640-554 exam later this year on Demember 1st 2015. The new exam number will be 210-260, they have yet to release a press book on this, but you can order it online at this. https://play.google.com/store/books/details?id=RyJ8CgAAQBAJ&source=productsearch&utm_source=HA_Desktop_US&utm_medium=SEM&utm_campaign=PLA&pcampaignid=MKTAD0930BO1&gl=US&gclid=CMD4rofs3scCFUFTgQodGzACTw&gclsrc=ds

I'm sorry if I was confusing, like I said, other members know way more than me.
    Certs: CCNA(200-301), Network+, A+, LPI Linux Essentials
    Goals: CCNP Enterprise(ENCOR + ENARSI), AWS CSA - Associate, Azure AZ-104, Become better at python, learn docker and kubernetes

Degree: A.S. Network Administration
    Pursuing: B.S. in I.T. Web and Mobile Development Concentration
  • SpetsRepairSpetsRepair Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm looking at the mcsa right now, hope its worth it.

The Cisco certs have been great but I'm worried about going straight into the ccnp even though i know i won't have a problem with the material. Already studied ccnp material just not interested in taking the test because it really won't help me stand out, rather follow the Microsoft path right now and see where that takes me
    It wasnt that confusing i understood everthing you ment security is the way i want to go and i some experience in it . it took my MTA securit fundamentals and missed the cert by 0.1 points! what extreamly bummed out bout wil take it again soon !! Thank you for the information on the CCNA security by the way i dindt know there are retireing the 640-554 exam this year for some reason ithought it would be next year . lets see now if get sme input and information form others on this forum ! bowing.gif you rock bowing.gif
    ok i havent started with it yet but for now i,m just watching the some clips on Microsoft Virtual Academy hope it helps keep me up date how it goes with getting your mcsa cert!