70-291 Questions

ThePenTThePenT Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys Im just curious about a few things regarding this exam. It has gotten the best of me twice now. The first time I made a 650 something and the second time a 678. Yea no kidding!!! Anyhow, I was just wondering if anyone knows if the simulators are weighted differently than the standard questions and whether or not the Survey at the end accounts for anything? Id assume not but both times I neglected to take it and I believe Microsoft is punishing me because they have failed me twice on it! Any info would help...thanks :D Also where can I find a good tool to practice my Simulators on? Id realy hate to have to create a VS and practice on there but I guys you do what you need to do to get it done

The worst part about both of these exams is that I thought I aced it. Especially the second time, I thought Id have a score in the 900's but CLEARLY I was wrong icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    @ThePenT

I know what is the problem . I had the same problem to altough I don't failed but I passed with less than 750.First I though I'll get more than 900.I was sure but then..
    When I revised my sim's , I had three, I changed some copnfigurations I did initilaiy and played with them ..I think MS sims are configured to make the sims cofngiuration once or just reset and do it again.If you playe with it and reconfigure the sims will think (are configure to ) give you less aloutgh your right .. Only I think , I 'm not sure.
    I think this may be the answer and tricky question to.

JUst use Virtual PC 2004 ( on a single PC with enough RAM ) and practice some sims.

Good luck and keep attention ! icon_wink.gif
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    I was just wondering if anyone knows if the simulators are weighted differently

I think only MS knows the answer to that but I'd say yes they are weighted a lot more than the multiple choice.

Transcenders offer great Sims on their practice tests. they're quite pricey but well worth it me thinks!!
    and whether or not the Survey at the end accounts for anything

I wouldn't say so. I've never put any comments anyhow. Just wanna know if I passed or not :D
    Also where can I find a good tool to practice my Simulators on? Id realy hate to have to create a VS and practice on there but I guys you do what you need to do to get it done

MS virtual Server has been a valuable tool for me. wouldn't have got through my exams without it!
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • ThePenTThePenT Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yea Im just gonna go ahead and setup a Virtual machine and get going on those.

On the sims, I never went back and changed any of them but as of today I was told that each sim is worth 10% of your exam. So 3x10=30%. Aweful they would do that but MS are a bunch of loones nayhow. Im going back to the drawing board and see what I can work up, hopefully next friday brings better luck! icon_confused.gif
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    I know the comment section is presented before providing the grade, but I thought the survey was after giving the grade. I remember almost walking out after getting my grade, but realized there was a survey afterwards. That might have been for Security+ though.

I almost always skip past the comment section, though I might comment after I receive my grade. I guess they do this so that you can't guess which questions you got right or wrong as easy.
    Yea its right after you end your test...pre-score. You go through and tell them what you think and then they shoot you your score. It would be crazy for them to grade you on this but I have failed only 2 tests both of which I didnt go through the comment page.
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Comment is different than survey. They don't grade the comment. Many of us skip that.

Now after the test (post score), they sometimes ask you questions, such as how long have you been in the business, how did you prepare for the exam, who paid for training, who paid for the exam, what certs do you have, what certs are you going for, etc.
  • SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    I never completed any comments or surveys. Passed 7 exams, failed 2. I dont think it has anything to do with it. As the SIMS have a reset button, I'd assume as long as the task is completed they dont care what you click on as long as you get it correct.
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
    well ive set up a VS and all i can do is practice. We'll see how it goes next friday icon_mad.gif
  • dmwdmw Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There is no way the comments effect passing/failing. I commented on quite a few of the questions on the 70-290 because I felt they were poorly designed. I passed albeit with a 700 but I still passed.

I like to use the comments on questions that are either ambiguous or I feel aren't relavent to the real world. This ends up being about 50% of the test.
    Rebooting computers since 1999
  • blackzoneblackzone Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dmw wrote:
    I like to use the comments on questions that are either ambiguous or I feel aren't relavent to the real world. This ends up being about 50% of the test.

lol