Best Workbooks or training Labs for CCNP?

gustavo89gustavo89 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello guys, i was wondering, i have seen some choices to study for the CCNP, concerning the lab materials, what do you think is the best? if i already own the CCNP Foundation learning guide, do you think is better to go with Online Cisco Labs (100 dlls per exam), to go to a vendor and buy the workbooks, or the last option to get the Lab companion manual from Cisco?

Thanks

Comments

• brobertsbroberts Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I felt the 101 CCNP LABS book prepared me the best (if not over prepared me) for the CCNP. I also used the free Cisco SLM 6.0 and went through some of the labs in GNS3 vault. The SLM was a very easy lab guide, but definitely a good, free starter lab manual.

I used INE's CCNP switch workbook, but felt it was a bit easy. Using it with their rack rental made labbing a synch, though.
  • gustavo89gustavo89 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you very much.
    Indeed, i bought the CCNP 101 labs and they seemed very complex (thats good) while the other ones by Ine and cisco doesnt seem that good.

Im trying to focus in the foundations learning guides first and i will try to finish some chapters, the to move on to the labs and vice versa.
  • koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'll second the 101 Labs for CCNP book. There's also the official Cisco lab manuals as well.
  • dabadaba Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is the 101 Labs still useful on the new 3.0 CCNP exams?
  • gustavo89gustavo89 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi daba, they seem to work also for the version 3.

They are very general and also they go deeper that any other labs yhou will find around.

Also they are very cheap.
    Hope this works
  • fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    101 Labs has some cool EIGRP, OSPF and BGP labs (10 each), and if you get the Kindle version it's very cheap (the actual book is a lot more expensive though). Just be prepared for having to learn how to configure Frame Relay since that's used a lot in the IGP labs. And don't expect it to cover everything that you need to know for the new exam.
  • geeman1geeman1 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    where can i get a ccent work book
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]