Options

GOT A+ & Network + ...Seeking recommendations about next certificates

waelh2001waelh2001 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys ,
I am currently seeking an advice in what certificates i should take next.I already got A+ & Network+ lately.I have 2 main paths in my mind
1.MCSE : Desktop Infrastructure.
2.CISCO Certificates.

and 3 minor paths :
1.Security +
2.Server +
3.ITIL

Any help in advising me which one would help me more in my future career.?

Comments

• Options
    Sounds GoodSounds Good Member Posts: 403
    waelh2001 wrote: »
    Hi Guys ,
    I am currently seeking an advice in what certificates i should take next.I already got A+ & Network+ lately.I have 2 main paths in my mind
    1.MCSE : Desktop Infrastructure.
    2.CISCO Certificates.

and 3 minor paths :
    1.Security +
    2.Server +
    3.ITIL

Any help in advising me which one would help me more in my future career.?

A few questions for you:

What do you do currently?
    What do you want to do?
    On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
    Scheduled for: Unscheduled
    Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs
  • Options
    Hi , thanks for the reply......I am working these days as a Receptionist/IT Technician/Freight Services Clerk in a shipping company.The problem is that i am not practicing the IT too much in the company.So , I decided to go back to IT which made me taking A+ last March and Network + at the end of August.After many days of thinking and later after I posted this thread here , I decided to take MCSE : Enterprises Devices and Apps(as the MCSE : Desktop infrastructure will retire soon)....I would love to take the server infrastructure path.But , because I am not practicing it , it will be too difficult to me to understand as one of my friends advised me.I see myself as a network expert in the future (maybe two to 3 years later) but for the moment I just want to get an IT Job.After the MCSE , I am planning to take ITIL , Security + , Server + and maybe CISSP.Then after all these , I will enter CISCO path but ONLY if I got a job in IT field.
  • Options
    Sounds GoodSounds Good Member Posts: 403
    waelh2001 wrote: »
    Hi , thanks for the reply......I am working these days as a Receptionist/IT Technician/Freight Services Clerk in a shipping company.The problem is that i am not practicing the IT too much in the company.So , I decided to go back to IT which made me taking A+ last March and Network + at the end of August.After many days of thinking and later after I posted this thread here , I decided to take MCSE : Enterprises Devices and Apps(as the MCSE : Desktop infrastructure will retire soon)....I would love to take the server infrastructure path.But , because I am not practicing it , it will be too difficult to me to understand as one of my friends advised me.I see myself as a network expert in the future (maybe two to 3 years later) but for the moment I just want to get an IT Job.After the MCSE , I am planning to take ITIL , Security + , Server + and maybe CISSP.Then after all these , I will enter CISCO path but ONLY if I got a job in IT field.

If you're confident you want to be a network expert in the future, I'd go down the CCENT -> CCNA path as early as possible. But first, I'd get into a purely IT job to gain experience.

I wouldn't waste time/money on Security+, Server+, CISSP if you know you're going into networking. ITIL is more worth your while.

Why and how do you know you want to be a networking expert though? (I'm assuming you don't have any practical application of routers/switches in an enterprise environment)
    On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
    Scheduled for: Unscheduled
    Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs
  • Options
    I have already Bachelor degree in Computer Sciences .I earned it 11 years back....Also , I studied network + and saw how networking is....I want first to maximize my experience in troubleshooting PCs.Although I have now almost 10 years of experience in troubleshooting , I still feel I didn't reach to the level where I can call myself as an expert.That's why i want first to get an IT Job...for example as an "IT Administrator".....taking security + , server + , CISSP just to cover Infos in these fields as I am sure there are things u cant learn until either u face it in real life (as a troubleshooting issue in work) or by studying it and forcing yourself into learning and exams.I don't know if you agree with me icon_sad.gif...for the switches , routers experience, you are right...Althought I know simple configuration of routers....we do have an unmanaged switch which gives 0 experience in it ....So no experience u can say.