How different is Updated test [there is no updated test]

goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
Hello All,

I am prepping to take the Security+ test at the end of September. I bought the Sybex book on sale and did not know that it was published in 2002. Didn't the test change in 2003. what differences should I be looking for on the exam?

Thanks for your help
Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP

Comments

• TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CompTIA

Security+ Info Here

IMO you need a book that is updated and proper for the current objectives. You can buy them used on Amazon for cheap if price is the issue.
  • yoyomamas2yoyomamas2 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello All,

I am prepping to take the Security+ test at the end of September. I bought the Sybex book on sale and did not know that it was published in 2002. Didn't the test change in 2003. what differences should I be looking for on the exam?

Thanks for your help

Just my opinion, get the Syngress book to go with the Sybex book. Use ALL the resources on this site...learn port numbers (even those not listed here ARE covered in the exam). In my opinion it is not an easy exam (although others feel different), so study hard and feel like you really know the material before going in.

Good luck!
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think by 'updated' they mean that they corrected the spelling mistakes and the questions that were totally wrong icon_lol.gif
    I don't think there has been any real change to Sec+ - remember it only came live in 03 and prior to that it was beta.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    Thanks guys for your help. I will let you know how I do
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Sounds like you have a really early edition. I had the 2nd edition and I didn't pass with it. Sybex lists a 3rd edition that appears to be published in 2006.