Options

Video training for VMWare study

GBAKER2204GBAKER2204 Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
Has anyone used either Career Academy or ITDVDs Vmware training? If so what did you think of them?

I am considering using the resources from ITDVDs alongside other resources for study of the VCP6 (blueprint, Mastering Vsphere 6 book and a home lab), I have a reasonable commute to work so I normally utilise that time to read or watch training and wondered if these were worth the time and investment. Whilst looking for VSphere 6 resources I found the Career Academy site and wondered if the Ultimate Bootcamp for 5.5 may be worth the time and effort as I am considering VCAP (again I know the blueprint and a LAB are paramount for VCAP).
WIP: 2017 - VCP6.5-DCV (Achieved), VCAP6-DCV, Citrix CCA-V

Comments

• Options
    niles312niles312 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    GBAKER2204 wrote: »
    Has anyone used either Career Academy or ITDVDs Vmware training? If so what did you think of them?

I am considering using the resources from ITDVDs alongside other resources for study of the VCP6 (blueprint, Mastering Vsphere 6 book and a home lab), I have a reasonable commute to work so I normally utilise that time to read or watch training and wondered if these were worth the time and investment. Whilst looking for VSphere 6 resources I found the Career Academy site and wondered if the Ultimate Bootcamp for 5.5 may be worth the time and effort as I am considering VCAP (again I know the blueprint and a LAB are paramount for VCAP).

Have used neither, but I would recommend giving CBT Nuggets & Pluralsight a shot. These two both offer a free trial period, great way to test the waters and see the type of material on offer and quality of training provided before you invest your $
  • Options
    Network_EngineerNetwork_Engineer Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just closed my CBTnuggets account and opened a Pluralsight account. Less money per month and more VMware videos to watch.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You cant go past this > #vBrownBag VMware Certified Professional 6 Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV) Track

(I've done two of the sessions that've been posted, and I've got a third one in October)
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    GBAKER2204GBAKER2204 Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the suggestions. I am glad that the good folks maintaining the Vbrownbags have uploaded most of the videos to YouTube, thanks for reminding me look at their work.

I am going to trial Pluralsight and have access to a Cbt nuggets account via work so will check those out too.

Thanks for the quick responses and apologies for not responding sooner (work!).
    WIP: 2017 - VCP6.5-DCV (Achieved), VCAP6-DCV, Citrix CCA-V