Joining Domain over IP address i.i 192.168.42.2 and 192.168.55.2

ArothgarArothgar Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

New here so I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place.
I have a few Vm's going at once for a specific task, pretty much setting up a branch office and head quarters. Currently have a DC as one pc, File server and a Remote Access Server. So 3 servers. Then i have another 3, pretty much same set up but instead of a DC it needs to be a RODC.

When I try joining the VM due to be the RODC server to the DC it doesn't like it. I get the error:

An active directory domain controller for the domain *****.com could not be contacted....

Note: This information is intended for a network administrator. If you are not your network's administrator, notify the administrator that you received this information, which has been recorded in the file C:\Windows\debug\dcdiag.txt.

The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate an Active Directory Domain Controller for domain ******.com:

The error was: "This operation returned because the timeout period expired."
(error code 0x000005B4 ERROR_TIMEOUT)

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.chandlab.com

The DNS servers used by this computer for name resolution are not responding. This computer is configured to use DNS servers with the following IP addresses:

Verify that this computer is connected to the network, that these are the correct DNS server IP addresses, and that at least one of the DNS servers is running.

For more information on how to correct this problem, click Help.

The DC info is:

IP address: 192.168.42.2
subnet: 255.255.255.0
Def gate: blank
DNS: 127.0.0.1

The computer to be the RODC info is:

IP address: 192.168.55.2
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Def gate:blank
DNS: 192.168.42.2

The Network adapters of VM are the first 3 set to VMnet 1 Host-only, while the other 3 are set to VMnet 2 Host-only (Apart from the RAS they also have another NIC that is VMnet 0 Bridged). This is a requirement of the task

The computers need to have a different range, another requirement for the task. The main issue is connecting the these 2 so I can progress and I've been hitting a brick wall for a day and a half.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments