CISM September 2015 Exam

manish.26inmanish.26in Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Anyone appearing for 2015 Sept CISM Exam.

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I will FINALLY be attempting the CISM this September. I've had to put it off 3 times, so this time I've told everyone that I don't care what happens, I'm taking the exam that day. I bought the 2015 Review Manual and I'll be getting the online Q&A database in the next couple of weeks.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • jonwinterburnjonwinterburn Member Posts: 161 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I too am signed up for the September exam. The review manual is a real slog to read, I'm half way through it and apart from the occasional tidbit of interest, it has been a dull read. Almost on par with ITIL. Compared to CISSP, which I thoroughly enjoyed, CISM isn't much fun. However, www.cybrary.it have a CISM video course which is miles better than that book (although I'm still using the book and Q&A database). However, unlike lots of certs (including CISSP and CISA), the CISM course on Cybrary.it is not free. It's only available to enterprise customers.

So far, everything I've read/watched is covered in the CISSP exam preparation I did. In fact, CISSP went in to much greater detail.
  • nelson8403nelson8403 Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am signing up for the September exam also, I am an ISACA member and ideally I'd like to take both exams but CISM comes first!
    Bachelor of Science, IT Security
    Master of Science, Information Security and Assurance

CCIE Security Progress: Written Pass (06/2016), 1st Lab Attempt (11/2016)
  • eSenpaieSenpai Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□

So far, everything I've read/watched is covered in the CISSP exam preparation I did. In fact, CISSP went in to much greater detail.

The book is indeed a dull read but the question DB is absolutely worth every penny. I would also offer a small bit of caution here in that ISACA's questions do not have the same perspective as the CISSP's despite the material looking similar.
    Working On:
    2018 - ITIL(SO, SS, SD, ST, CSI), Linux
    2019 - ITIL MALC, AWS Architect, CCSP, LPI-2, TOGAF
  • spenaspena Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    3 weeks countdown until the isaca sept exam
  • HappyHappyHappyHappyHappyHappy Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Morning! Id recommend the online live training with Megamind. I attended a 2 day CISM weekend course that discussed strategy and some content. It was very helpful in my opinion. Worth the money! There are several courses they offer. They offer a 3 day and a 5 day course just on content. I didn't do them but I thought it would of helped me even more if I was able to attend them.
  • icandoiticandoit Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    3 day countdown :)
    How's the prep going? I'm scoring 80%-90% on the ISACA CISM Questions DB. Wondering if that is enough, or if I need to amp it up a bit more. Any other last minute suggestions, tips?
  • CISSPGOALCISSPGOAL Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck. We are in the same boat.
    Good luck to everyone (including me) taking the exam in less than 12 hours!
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck to all ISACA exam takers!
  • TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Very best of luck to you all!
    Now we wait 5 weeks...icon_silent.gif
  • willow313willow313 Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Any idea as to when the results will be released by Isaca?
  • TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    5 weeks after the exam usually, that'd make it Friday the 18th (roughly).

Good luck everyone that took it!
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I must agree CISM is the most boring book i've ever tried to read.. i recently took the test and i barely read past page 10. i just didn't have the willpower. Good luck to everyone. The test isnt super difficult its more a matter of understanding the wording of the questions. That 5 weeks wait will be a long time.
    That 5 weeks wait will be a long time.

took me longer that 5 weeks to get through the dull cisa book :) the wait shouldnt be long
  • techh3adtechh3ad Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi I'm writing in December. I bought the online question database, 2015 Review Manual and 2015 supplement questions today. Now that I want to download them, I notice that they're books and not digital pdfs...wth. How can I buy the PDFs?? Can anyone send me digital versions? I'm happy to show proof of my purchase. I live in South Africa. Our postal service is shocking, I would be lucky to even see the items I bought, nevermind waiting months for them to be delivered icon_sad.gif need assistance please.
    techh3ad wrote: »
    Hi I'm writing in December. I bought the online question database, 2015 Review Manual and 2015 supplement questions today. Now that I want to download them, I notice that they're books and not digital pdfs...wth. How can I buy the PDFs?? Can anyone send me digital versions? I'm happy to show proof of my purchase. I live in South Africa. Our postal service is shocking, I would be lucky to even see the items I bought, nevermind waiting months for them to be delivered icon_sad.gif need assistance please.

ISACA Review Manuals does not come in pdf format. If you have the Question db, set the it to Adaptive Study.
    spena wrote: »
    ISACA Review Manuals does not come in pdf format. If you have the Question db, set the it to Adaptive Study.
    Thanks, didn't know about that. I've mailed ISACA twice now with no reply icon_sad.gif
    techh3ad wrote: »
    Thanks, didn't know about that. I've mailed ISACA twice now with no reply icon_sad.gif
    FedEx contacted me today. It's a door-to-door delivery and it's already in SA :) awesome.
  • razorbackzrazorbackz Member Posts: 28 ■■□□□□□□□□
    willow313 wrote: »
    Any idea as to when the results will be released by Isaca?

Don't fry your brain out on this. You will get an email giving you an opportunity to give feedback about the exam. THE RESULTS WILL COME OUT THE DAY AFTER THE FEEDBACK WINDOW CLOSES. it will be pretty much five weeks to the day at about 11am central time when the results email will come out. Go ahead and start working on your application and pay your fee. I submitted mine within an hour of passing and it took about another five weeks to be certified.
  • willow313willow313 Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you so much for your great insight.
  • rblockmonrblockmon Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is there any good books to use in preparing for this? I'm looking to take the exam in December...