Options

"Interesting traffic"

dppagcdppagc Member Posts: 293
Can anyone explain to me what "interesting traffic" is with respect to cisco?

Comments

• Options
    d4nz1gd4nz1g Member Posts: 464
    Interesting traffic is all the traffic you want to classify so it will have a certain treatment in the forwarding path.

For example, if you want to deny DNS traffic in your network, your interesting traffic would be ports 53 TCP and UDP, from any source to any destination.
  • Options
    dppagcdppagc Member Posts: 293
    Hi I am referring to this statement:

With Dial-on-Demand Routing (DDR), all traffic is classified as either interesting or uninteresting. If the traffic is interesting, then the router connects to the peer. If the traffic is not interesting then the call is not connected
  • Options
    ph4ntom74ph4ntom74 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Exactly as d4nzig specified, "Interesting traffic is all the traffic you want to classify so it will have a certain treatment in the forwarding path.

For example, if you want to deny DNS traffic in your network, your interesting traffic would be ports 53 TCP and UDP, from any source to any destination."

that statement you referred to probably means that some filtering is happening for that on demand routing to occur. Interesting traffic just means that the traffic is valid, thus the routing occurs.
    dppagc wrote: »
    Hi I am referring to this statement:

With Dial-on-Demand Routing (DDR), all traffic is classified as either interesting or uninteresting. If the traffic is interesting, then the router connects to the peer. If the traffic is not interesting then the call is not connected