Passed SWITCH

koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just got back from the testing center and I scored an 853/1000. The passing score was 790. I'm happy with the pass but a little disappointed in my score. I thought I had a better handle of the material but I think I made some really foolish mistakes on a configuration problem early on that bogged me down and in the interest of time, I cut my losses and moved on. Finished the exam with 30 minutes to spare icon_redface.gif Also, I wish I could talk more about the specifics of a few questions but due to the NDA I can't. I will say though that I had 2 or 3 questions where it appeared there was more than 1 correct answer. I'm almost positive of this. It's too bad Cisco can't tell you what you got wrong on the exam. Anyway, here's what I used:

OCG
FLG
SWITCH Simplified
Boson NetSim for CCNP
SWITCH Lab Manual V2
Boson Practice Exams

I'm going to take the rest of the day off and dive right into ROUTE tomorrow. I'm really excited for ROUTE because I was noticing I was getting bored with some of the SWITCH material and constantly losing focus, having to re-read material over and over. I'm also excited to finally learn about BGP. I hope to score in the 900s on the ROUTE exam.

Comments

• gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    A pass is a pass, yo. Congrats!
  • MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! What are you using for ROUTE? I started my studies, using INE ROUTE, Chris Bryant ROUTE, OCG and IP Routing book.
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! A pass is a pass!
  • koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @gorebrush and Mooseboost thanks guys!

@Mow So far I have the OCG, FLG, and Simplified books that I purchased a while ago(have the TSHOOT equivalents as well). Also I have the ROUTE Lab Manual V2. I have heard great things about the Simplified book so perhaps I will go FLG -> Simplified -> OCG in that order. How are you liking INE? And did you get the INE Lab Manual for ROUTE? A while ago I read that it was still being developed and only a few protocols were released.
  • MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have heard good things about the Simplified book as well, but I just didn't get it. I may get it yet. I didn't get the INE lab manual, yes it's still unfinished, so I probably won't do it. I am following along with Chris Bryant's videos, building the topology in GNS3 as I go along. I didn't start the INE vids yet, my plan is to go through Bryant, take notes and lab, while reading my books, then use INE for a deeper look, while reviewing/expanding my notes. I am also building flash cards that I will probably convert to Anki at some point. My exam is scheduled for Sept 3, and I haven't started hardcore studying yet, but I need to. Getting married in a couple of weeks, plus jury duty on Monday and projects at work are keeping me distracted. I can always reschedule if I need to.
  • DKempeneersDKempeneers Banned Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Like GoreBrush said "A pass is a pass !" Good job !
    & good luck for Mow in 3 sept
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good to hear koz. JUST finished OCG. Headed for FLG to get a bit more granular. Good luck on ROUTE!!!!! icon_cheers.gif
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone!

@gadav478 You might also want to check out the ROUTE Simplified book. The kindle version is only 10 bucks and I have heard nothing but good things about it. It includes labs at the end of the book

http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Route-Simplified-William-Browning/dp/0955781574/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437251337&sr=8-1&keywords=route+simplified
  • verbhertzverbhertz Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Congratulations! 853/1000 is respectable. Don't sweat it.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • smcclenaghansmcclenaghan Member Posts: 139
    Congratulations. 300-115 is a very tricky exam. You should be proud of the pass.
  • White WizardWhite Wizard Member Posts: 179
    Congrats!

How much time did you spend preparing for the exam? I'm hoping to knock out switch in 3 months but we'll see.
    "The secret to happiness is doing what you love. The secret to success is loving what you do."
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

How much time did you spend preparing for the exam? I'm hoping to knock out switch in 3 months but we'll see.

This shouldn't really matter. Each and everyone learns differently, the concept is that you absorb the material and understand them really well. Some people need a month, others need 6 months, some a whole year, all doesn't matter just try to understand the material. :p
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]