Options

ICND2 or CCDA

skywolaskywola Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
From what I have seen on the Cisco site, you can pass the ICND1 and go directly to CCDA. Is that a good idea? It seems to me that it would be a good move, because everyone seems to be going for the ICND2, so having the CCDA would make you stand out, I would think. I'm also thinking about taking the CCNA Security. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    late_collisionlate_collision Member Posts: 146
    You could, but as someone who recently passed the CCDA, I'd recommend finishing CCNA first. CCDA covers topics from CCNA and all of it's specialties at a very high level. You'll never touch real equipment in CCDA, its all theory. So unless you have some prior experience with networking, you'll be largely useless as a networking guy in the end.

Based on the jobs that are available in my area, and the qualities they are asking for, I believe CCNA to be more valuable than CCDA, and it's not even close. I only completed CCDA because I wanted to work on CCDP. CCDP seems to be where the good stuff is.
  • Options
    skywolaskywola Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That is helpful, thanks. If I am correct, you are also saying that better to go for ICND2 first, rather than the security certification.