Overdue Post - Passed 9/1

reelanglerreelangler Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

I decided to pursue the CISSP on August 3rd, I have always had an interest in info sec and wanted to demonstrate my knowledge on such. I work for a Government contractor(6 years) and my day-to-day duties are immersed in information security.
My goal is to find a role in compliance/auditing, I know I might be an oddball but following the rules and ensuring a secure environment is something I enjoy. I would rather move away from tech and into managerial.

Anyways, I started Studying on August 4th, using Skillport to provide materials, I studied anywhere from 2-6 hours a day everyday until the day of the exam, September 1st.

Materials
Eric Conrad 2nd Edition Study Guide (first two weeks, highlighted material on third week)
Cybrary.IT course (last two weeks)
Made flash cards (last week)
Combined Notes(last week)
Eric Conrad 11th Hour (day before exam)
Total Tester Practice Exams
McGraw Hill Practice Exams

I received my official email noting my CISSP Designation yesterday (9/15).

I shadowed this website and reddit for the entire length of studying, probably read over 200 threads, extremely valuable.

I just want to say Thank You!

Also, if anyone wants to communicate with me, please feel free. I really could use some info sec minded people in my network of friends.

Comments

• veronica321veronica321 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on pass :) . How relevant are the Skillport cissp 2015.? I am following the similar study pattern as yours. Are you referring to Dan Lechance videos. ?
  • reelanglerreelangler Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on pass :) . How relevant are the Skillport cissp 2015.? I am following the similar study pattern as yours. Are you referring to Dan Lechance videos. ?

Thank you, I attempted to watch those but quickly decided to read the Eric Conrad study guide that was provided on Skillport first, I never made it back to the Dan Lechance videos.
  • jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Feel free to add me on LinkedIn(John Gregory).
    jt2929 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! Feel free to add me on LinkedIn(John Gregory).
    Thanks John, will do!
  • g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Do you feel the Eric Conrad 2nd Edition Study Guide was sufficient in your preparation? I too am using this as one of my primary reading guides. I did purchase the newly updated Sybex guide which I should have today.

Thanks!
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Gz!

How does this skillport thing work? I visited a site and browsed a little but it's still unclear. Do they give you access to read some books online for a monthly fee?
    g33k3r wrote: »
    Congrats!

Do you feel the Eric Conrad 2nd Edition Study Guide was sufficient in your preparation? I too am using this as one of my primary reading guides. I did purchase the newly updated Sybex guide which I should have today.

Thanks!

I do actually, if you can understand most of what you read in the study guide you should be good, with the addition of practice exams daily (McGraw Hill specifically).

It's important to conceptualize the topics you cover.
    Gz!

How does this skillport thing work? I visited a site and browsed a little but it's still unclear. Do they give you access to read some books online for a monthly fee?

It's company sponsored, I had free access to an abundance of CISSP study material. I'm not sure if you could get on without access provided by an employer.
  • kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats...!!!