Options

SSCP - passed

CryptoPunkCryptoPunk Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I passed SSCP exam yesterday.

Books I used:
SSCP Systems Security Certified Practitioner All-in-One Exam Guide (2011 edition)
CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-401 Study Guide

I found out that some of the newly added topics (according to sscp exam outline) are also covered in sec+ book. But I primarily used that old SSCP book. (read it twice while a second time I made my notes what really helped me to read it more carefully)
I would like to mention that both books are GREAT. (Thank you Darril!) Easy to read and easy to understand and I'm not native speaker as you can see ( :D ).

Regarding that old SSCP book I have seen somewhere here on the forum that someone said that this book is definitely OUTDATED (with capital letters). After the exam I wouldn't fully agree with this statement. This book can really help you to understand what's going on and help you set-up security mindset. But I agree that technologies included in this book are not so current. But I used sec+ book and internet for additional information about for example Cloud privacy etc. However, I think that this exam is more managerial oriented than on the technology. I had to really think almost on every question which brought me headache at the end of the exam ( :D )

What I want to say is that don't expect that the new book somehow help you to pass exam with flying colors. Just understand the concept, use your brain and you will be fine. (really)

Also, if someone haven't had any crypto questions on his exam it doesn't mean that it is some rule. ,) So be familiar with all domains.

Some exam tips:
- read the WHOLE question twice or more times (if you are not sure) and also read every option till the end. I think that 3 hours are enough.
- think what they are really asking for
- don't lose time and your brain capacity on questions with which you really have problems. Put the review flag on it and continue. You can review it later. (I had 7 questions marked for review)
- if you have some spare time go through the all questions once again. Now you are more relaxed with that you passed through all of the questions (I changed my mind on some of the questions like that)

All of these worked on me but it doesn't mean that it must work on you. These are just tips from someone who passed.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask :)

And thanks for this forum it helped me a lot!

Comments

• Options
    ivandavidsivandavids Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Im using the SSCP Systems Security Certified Practitioner All-in-One Exam Guide (2011 edition) & Systems Security Certified Practitioner SSCP® video's by Trainsignal. Taking the exam next month.
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats.......icon_cheers.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    suitsonfiresuitsonfire Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and thank you for the information and suggestions. Very helpful.
  • Options
    bryanthetechiebryanthetechie Member Posts: 172
    Congrats! Your write-up describes my experience with the SSCP as well, and I agree this book works just fine for the current exam: SSCP Systems Security Certified Practitioner All-in-One Exam Guide (2011 edition).
  • Options
    rayan77rayan77 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats . I am planning to take the exam next month , Could some one assist me to find the best question bank / **** for the SSCP exam where I can pay and buy or any sites I can download for free

Thanks Guys
  • Options
    TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    rayan77 wrote: »
    Congrats . I am planning to take the exam next month , Could some one assist me to find the best question bank / **** for the SSCP exam where I can pay and buy or any sites I can download for free

Thanks Guys

Braindumps aren't promoted or condoned here.

Buy the Darril Gibson all in one book and/or the official SSCP CBK from isc2 - learn the domains and concepts and you'll pass the exam.
  • Options
    TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Congratulations on your pass, nice one and kudos - not an easy test!
  • Options
    spark2spark2 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I've enjoyed reading this thread
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats...!!!
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    neoharishneoharish Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    EJMADELINEEJMADELINE Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Not sure how outdated the old version of the book is, but the new one was an excellent study source for me. Congrats on the pass!