CRISC December 2015

rohit10rohit10 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
I signed up for the exam, anyone else taking it?

So far, I have bough the following and hoping it will be enough to pass:

1) The review questions answers & explanations 2015
2) The supplement review questions answers & explanations 2015
3) 2015 CRISC manual

I didn't want to buy the database questions, as I thought they would be the same as the manual questions. Wondering if those that have passed, do you think this would be sufficient?

Thanks

Comments

• 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If I remember correctly the database questions are the same as the print questions, just in digital form, so they're OK to skip if you've got the books.
    IMO with ISACA exams the Q&A books are key. The manual is a great reference and study guide to read over once or twice, but the biggest cost/benefit is the Q&A books, so I recommend picking them all up and just going over them again & again. Good luck, let us know how it goes.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Should probably sign up and take the test. Break out the Kindle where I have all that stuff anyways. Oh and I did sign up for the next Coursera 'R' class. Should be fun as well.

My idea of fun at least.

- b/eads
  • chandrasekariyerchandrasekariyer Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've signed up for CRISC Dec 2015. I have manual of 2014 (I thought of appearing for 2014, but changed my mind and went for CISM, passed..)
    I don't have the QA. I'm already a CISA, CISM and CGEIT.
    How about forming a virtual group and study.. Any thoughts friends?
    I'm happy to share what i know and have...

Regards
    Chandra
    Whatsapp: +974 66208165
  • ilikeshellsilikeshells Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've signed up for CRISC Dec 2015. I have manual of 2014 (I thought of appearing for 2014, but changed my mind and went for CISM, passed..)

I would get the 2015 manual, as the domains changed slightly and were updated a bit. You should purchase the QA, as this will help you tremendously. This was by far the hardest ISACA cert to take. Good luck.
  • shamsrinishamsrini Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am also taking up the exam in Dec 15. I am a CA, CIA and CISA. Thought CRISC will add value as Risk Management Professional. I also bought 2015 review manual, questions answers and explanation manual, though did not purchase the supplement manual. Good luck to all the aspirants!!!
  • shamsrinishamsrini Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear Chandra,

I am game for forming a virtual group. My whatsapp: + 96899891079. Let begin the group
  • perosky13perosky13 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you have CRISC group, please add me: +1 646 517 7675
  • rohit10rohit10 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Only a few weeks out. I have touched some of the DB questions but haven't gone through the manual fully yet. Anyone else sitting?
  • DolphDolph Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm sitting the exam in Dec. I'm going on a 3 day CRISC course next week in London and then will smash the Q&A database for 2 weeks.
  • dig1taldig1tal Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm also taking the exam in December. I have the Review book and QA database. I felt that around the middle of the 2nd section/domain (2.8.2 Management of IT Operations) of the Review book there is some filler space as the authors discuss material that would be covered in a CISM/CISSP exam. The 4th section/domain is almost non-existent.

The QA database is helpful but the wording is tricky and there are some assumptions not clearly stated in the questions.

I also have the Risk IT practitioner guide and framework but haven't fully read through them yet. Are either of them helpful in preparing for the exam?
    If the CRISC test is anything like the CISA, I think the review manual and QA DB is all you will need to pass.

I am a bit on the fence, I haven't read the manual, but I am scoring 75%+ on the QA DB. I really hope the questions are similar to the QA DB
  • ilikeshellsilikeshells Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    rohit10 wrote: »
    I am a bit on the fence, I haven't read the manual, but I am scoring 75%+ on the QA DB. I really hope the questions are similar to the QA DB

You're right, the QA DB is the most valuable study material. I'd, however, at least give the CRISC manual a quick read through. It is very short and not as painful as the CISA manual. ISACA also has some material that was valuable on their website. You really need to have a solid grasp on the "risk management phases." CRISC, at least for me, was more difficult than CISA.
  • fullcrowmoonfullcrowmoon Member Posts: 172
    I am extraordinarily fond of Coursera. Free education for the having!
    "It's so stimulating being your hat!"
    "... but everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked."
    Coming down to 11 days left.

I just did a practice exam from all four domains and got 194 out of 250 right which is a 78%.

Still need to get to reading that manual. Goodluck everyone.
    Only a day or so left. Just finished going over all 500 questions again and averaged a 81% for all questions. Best of luck to everyone.
  • J..29J..29 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    rohit10 wrote: »
    If the CRISC test is anything like the CISA, I think the review manual and QA DB is all you will need to pass.

I am a bit on the fence, I haven't read the manual, but I am scoring 75%+ on the QA DB. I really hope the questions are similar to the

Did ISACA has software db or you used manual questions?
  • J..29J..29 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Guys, was crisc has a db software for 2015? I want to take crisc for 2016 June...at the moment am waiting for cisa results on the 15th...after I get them and passed I will start my studies immediately!
  • smotensmoten Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I registered CRISC exam for June 2016 and preparing CRISC with following stuff

1) CRISC manual 2015
    2) CRISC online QA Database 2016

Can anyone let me know is there any difference btw 2015 and 2016 manual ?
    Also if anyone give me suggest me is there any other stuff would be helpful for the exam preparation.

Thanks.
  • anthonxanthonx Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Smoten,

How many question does the CRISC Q & A database have?
    Do you have any idea with the manual Q & A? How many number of questions?

Thanks!
    AnthonX
  • kabooterkabooter Member Posts: 115
    anthonx wrote: »
    Hi Smoten,

How many question does the CRISC Q & A database have?
    Do you have any idea with the manual Q & A? How many number of questions?

Thanks!
    I would also like to know answers to above questions