Passed CompTIA Storage +

W00t passed the CompTIA Storage + exam. I got a 732/900. Passing was 720.

Boy was that a hard exam, had to really think and use process of eliminatation.

Now to redirect my full focus toward ICDN2 which I just finished OSPF and EIGRP in Odom's OCG book or roughly 250 pages left in the book....

Glad this exam is over with and it renews my other CompTIA certifications and it's now a life certification.

Must keep my momentum, on a side note I found a cocktail of nootropics that really work for me now with learning, focus, memory, and alertness in my brain. I'll post a blog on it on my website for all to use. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

icon_bounce.gificon_bounce.gif

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations! I am thinking about switching over my studies to that one so that my other CompTIA CE certs can get renewed. What resources did you use and which one(s) were the most useful?
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    stryder144 wrote: »
    Congratulations! I am thinking about switching over my studies to that one so that my other CompTIA CE certs can get renewed. What resources did you use and which one(s) were the most useful?

Only used the CBT Nuggets and Pluralsight subscription for the videos. Nigel's book on Storage + was good but extremely boring, his Pluralsight videos were more entertaining.

Did nothing but video review with them both for 3 weeks, roughly 30 hours a week of watching them over and over. Used them recently in our backup DR fabric and methods, so that was proof of concept for me and helped on exam.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have a Pluralsight subscription, so I will watch those videos and probably pick his book up...just to put a few more pennies in Nigel's pocket. Not to mention, the book looks like a decent resource to have on hand.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    stryder144 wrote: »
    I have a Pluralsight subscription, so I will watch those videos and probably pick his book up...just to put a few more pennies in Nigel's pocket. Not to mention, the book looks like a decent resource to have on hand.

it's a good read indeed. Bear in mind that CompTIA is retiring it Jan 16th so if you are studying keep that in mind. :)
  • TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How long did it take you to study?

Currently going through the book and CBT Nuggets. Did you take any practice exams?
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
    TacoRocket wrote: »
    How long did it take you to study? Currently going through the book and CBT Nuggets. Did you take any practice exams?

1 month exactly, book took me two weeks and videos took me about 2 weeks just watching them over and over again until my head got tired of Storage. No practise tests, just home-lab NAS and SAN/NAS deployments at work and past expereince.

Bear in mind I was also reading the OCG for ICDN2, I'm up to chapter 17 as of tonight, as of Friday I was up to Chapter 12. I was balancing study between them both, now it's just ICDN2.

...but the VCP6-DCV and MCSA 2012: 70-410, and CompTIA Project+ exam books are staring at me, so I'm pressing onward to passing the R&S so I can do them soon.... :)
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Somehow I missed this. Congrats on the pass man!
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Deathmage wrote: »
    W00t passed the CompTIA Storage + exam. I got a 732/900. Passing was 720.

Boy was that a hard exam, had to really think and use process of eliminatation.

Now to redirect my full focus toward ICDN2 which I just finished OSPF and EIGRP in Odom's OCG book or roughly 250 pages left in the book....

Glad this exam is over with and it renews my other CompTIA certifications and it's now a life certification.

Must keep my momentum, on a side note I found a cocktail of nootropics that really work for me now with learning, focus, memory, and alertness in my brain. I'll post a blog on it on my website for all to use. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

icon_bounce.gificon_bounce.gif

Nice! After your CCNA are you going for the NCDA?
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Verities wrote: »
    Nice! After your CCNA are you going for the NCDA?

need to take VCP6-DCV I think next after CCNA. my VCP5 expries in a year. As soon as I get done with MCSE I'm going for VCIX.