Options

packet tracer no ip routing command

meiguorenmeiguoren Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I'm studying for CCNA. I'm working through an INE lab that wants me to put in no ip routing but none of the routers I have in packet tracer work so I don't understand what to do next. I tried it on a 3560 switch that is in packet tracer and it worked there, but it wont work on any of the routers. Thanks.

From the lab:

Set the default-gateway on R2, R3, and R4. Because we are using routers as the hosts, we must disable "ip routing" first and set the default gateway accordingly.

R2:
no ip routing
!
ip default-gateway 100.1.1.1

R3:
no ip routing
!
ip default-gateway 200.1.1.1

R4:
no ip routing
!
ip default-gateway 200.1.1.1

Comments

• Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Those commands work in a few routers (1841, 1941, 2811) in PT version 6.2. I'm not sure what INE uses to create their study labs (live equipment vs GNS3).

hth
  • Options
    Dr169Dr169 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    "no ip routing" only works for version 12.2(33) or later. See Cisco IOS IP Routing: Protocol-Independent Command Reference - IP Routing Protocol-Independent Commands: A through R [Support] - Cisco

The command works in Packet Tracer 6.2, but does not seem to work in a Cisco 2620 router with a simulated Version 12.2(2icon_cool.gif.
  • Options
    Ok, thanks everybody. I'm using PT 5.3 and was lucky to get that. INE will sell me lab time on their servers, for $4/hour. I guess I'll go back to my CCNA Lammle book and do his lab instead.
  • Options
    Dr169Dr169 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    GNS3 is a good alternative to packet tracer and works well for CCNA level studies.
  • Options
    You and some other people I really respect say the same thing. And I don't doubt you or them, but for me it hasn't been worth it. I've tried it and the hoops that I've had to jump through just to get the one image that I found online to work was killing me. I was able to find an old router image, but not a switch. Then I had all these new configurations to figure out once I got the image. I ended up wasting hours on that program when I could have been wasting hours getting PT to work--yes that is supposed to be funny.:D The bottom line for me has become that if I want anything to work I have to pay through the nose at some point. Until then I hobble along with my old version of PT.