Options

CCNP SWITCH Lab Manual Configs?

DrekkoDrekko Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys

I got the Cisco Press CCNPv6 SWITCH Lab Manual book right

What I am confused is, when doing the labs, the switches already have alot of config already done to them, and some labs I need to fix or change the existing config thats already in the switches

The book does not provide any info on what config to put in to prepare the switches for the lab?

For example: Lab 1-2, Clearing a Switch Connected to a Larger Network

I have to clear the switch config that is connected to a large network and prevent VTP from pushing out vlans to the other switches

But obviously the Lab switches I used have no config put in..

For these do I just need to do the config myself on my own? Self studying hence why I asking sorry

My CCNA Lab book I did in the past had a section before the steps to enter in the following config etc..

Comments

• Options
    Dr169Dr169 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In Lab 1-2, it's a good idea to create an initial config with a few VLANs of your own - so the effect of wiping the switch clean can easily be seen. You can call them anything you like. Eg:

Switch(config)#vlan 10
    Switch(config-vlan)#name ABC
    Switch(config)#vlan 20
    Switch(config-vlan)#name DEF
    etc.....
  • Options
    DrekkoDrekko Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dr169 wrote: »
    In Lab 1-2, it's a good idea to create an initial config with a few VLANs of your own - so the effect of wiping the switch clean can easily be seen. You can call them anything you like. Eg:

Switch(config)#vlan 10
    Switch(config-vlan)#name ABC
    Switch(config)#vlan 20
    Switch(config-vlan)#name DEF
    etc.....

Right so just do your own config for some of these then

thanks
  • Options
    csavcsav Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Drekko!
    Did you bought the CCNP SWITCH Lab Manual Version 7? Is there any .pdf to download it? I'm in a little bit hurry because my ccna will expire and I have learned from Version 6 by now. I don't have time to wait for the shipping. Are there a lot of differences between V7 and V6?
    Thanks a lot!