CISA Dec 2015

MMPMMP Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I have booked CISA dec exam. I have background in IT and zero experience in auditing. Let us keep this thread alive with our preparations , doubt solving, progress and motivate each other.

icon_cheers.gif

Thanks,
MMP

Comments

• 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Correct me if things have changed since I last looked at the CISA requirements, but don't you need experience in auditing to actually obtain the certification? I know you can take the test whenever, but to actually get the CISA cert don't you need hands-on auditing (loosely defined) experience?
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The Process of Auditing Information System is only 14% of CISA Job Practice Areas.

Job Practice Areas

Theoretically you don't need experience in IT Audit to become CISA certified.
  • MMPMMP Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Correct me if things have changed since I last looked at the CISA requirements, but don't you need experience in auditing to actually obtain the certification? I know you can take the test whenever, but to actually get the CISA cert don't you need hands-on auditing (loosely defined) experience?

Yes you are right. We need experience of 5 years. I have around 4 years of experience in IT security but none related to audits and 2 years of exp can be substituted by B.E degree. I want to switch to auditing to grow more as a consultant. Hence preparing for certification.
  • msianyeukamsianyeuka Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also intend to book for CISA December exams. I am currently practicing IS auditing with one year so far. I need some guidance on the study material. I have the ISACA CISA review manual from 2012 and am wondering if this would be good enough for the 2015 exams??
  • RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    msianyeuka wrote: »
    I also intend to book for CISA December exams. I am currently practicing IS auditing with one year so far. I need some guidance on the study material. I have the ISACA CISA review manual from 2012 and am wondering if this would be good enough for the 2015 exams??

It would't.
    msianyeuka wrote: »

Since you are investing heavily for the exam fees, I would suggest you to invest in latest study materials. Why take risk.
    Just a heads up.

Currently I am going through CBT nuggets for CISA. I tried to start with CRM but felt it to be very dry. Since I have background in security I decided to start with Section 5. So I am doing parallel studies. First listening to CBT nuggest(atleast 5 videos a day), then going through Shon Harris AIO and finally closing with CRM. This way I am understanding more. Also whenever I get time I try to do database of QnA, but till now I am getting only 40% score which is very disheartening. Hope to rise up the ladder.
  • NishaTahilianneyNishaTahilianney Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Guys,

I'm planning to take up CISA Dec 15' exam. Since I've just started preparing and on a professional break, do you feel I'm too late in trying to attempt the December exam? How many study hours would one need to put in to achieve success ? I have 3 years of IT auditing experience and 11 years of overall IT experience.

Thanks in advance