Passed 9/21/2015

imranbimranb Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Thanks for everyone in this forum for your feedback on the exam.

I have about 20 + years in IT. doing various things such as Firewalls, IDS, Unix Admin etc.. Also have a Bachelors in Computer Engineering and Master's in Computer Science.

My wife took care of the kids while I studied on the weekends. If you are planning to have kids, take the exam ASAP. You don't want to miss out on life.

I read, Eric Conrad's 2nd edition, 11th hour and supplemented it with Shon Harris on some concepts. Glanced over NIST documents etc.., Official CBK 2015 Review Seminar Book (Co-worker passed this to me)

As for testing, I bought transcender, end of chapter questions with Shon Harris, questions from the official ISC2 book CBK and
CISSP Exam Prep Questions, Answers & Explanations.

As for the exam, i felt like i wasted lots of my time in going into details. Everything was very high level and I answered lots of the questions based upon my experience and not from any book. Lots of answers were very ambiguous so I took the best guess. I had one break after finishing all questions and went back to do the review.

Let me know if if there is anything else you would like to know.

Comments

• roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. I'm beginning my studies. I'm reading 11th hour now as my 1st resource, then will dig in deeper. He has a 3rd edition out in Nov, so not sure if I should bother with it. but might be a good resource for review right before the exam.
    浪人 MSISA:WGU
    ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • EburonEburon Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • 21ctl21ctl Banned Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • imranbimranb Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dragonsden

11th hour and the 2nd edition are both good. But if you had to buy one book, I would say buy the 2nd edition. Also cybrary CISSP video was really good.

Good luck with your exam.
  • kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats...!!!