Options

Interview misunderstanding

missjanayamissjanaya Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
Have any of you ever had a misunderstanding at a interview I believe the interviewer seems to think I have a certification that I don't. Should I correct her if I am offered the job? It is an entry level A+ certification. Should I just go get it if I get the role if I feel qualified? What would you do?

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    If the job is contingent on having the certification I'd certainly make sure everyone is on the same page.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    How did the interviewer come to the conclusion that you hold the A+ certification? What is listed on your resume or the application that would make them believe this?
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I always make the correction for better or for worse. I would rather not get the job than be performing below their expectation of me because they assumed something that was not true and I didn't correct them.
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Correct the misunderstanding, but make it clear you'll get it if it's required. Don't start a job with a lie.