70-410 Tips/Advice Rec.

drfagerdrfager Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
Preparing for the 70-410 using:
  • Exam Ref 70-410
  • CBT Nuggets
  • Boson Lab/Sim
Several questions:
  • What topics/areas should I focus on most? (From those that have passed)
  • How versed should you be with cmdlet syntax? (IE. Should you be familiar with the basics, or do you need to be well versed/memorize the vast majority of the syntax in the exam ref
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Question for you... Since you have access to the Boson site how is the exam-test part? I was looking at the site and notice they have a pre-exam quiz you could take.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As for topics: anything listed as a relevant topic. They are good about testing on just about everything they list in one way or another. No shortcuts.

Cmdlet Syntax: I would be somewhat familiar with syntax but I don't remember having a lot of syntax questions for the 410. It was mostly just knowing which command would do what task. That being said there could be questions with more detail behind them.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Microsoft can be really sneaky because quite often there are a multiple answers that seem correct. You have to really pay attention to what they are asking for and especially if they are looking for a command/tool or a cmdlet.

Study it all and lab what you can. The Exam Ref was really poor in my opinion, I'd suggest the Poulton book or Training Guide for reading material. The boson test was pretty good for 70-410.

Poulton and Boson were enough for me to pass but I kind of wasted time reading Panek and Exam Ref first.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • ed_003ed_003 Member Posts: 216
    What about measure up?
    I have to agree that the Exam-Ref book is good but not enough information. At the moment I'm doing the 70-410 Training Guide Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2_2. that book so far is going okay. Just need to find a good test-question site to go over what I learned.

I was really thinking of the Boson site but still looking around.

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
    ed_003 wrote: »
    What about measure up?
    I believe measure you only have the test-exam question for a month or so from what I read. I could be wrong but Boson sounds good to me but like i said earlier i'm still looking around.

My Goal for the Future
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • ed_003ed_003 Member Posts: 216
    Louie1277 wrote: »
    I believe measure you only have the test-exam question for a month or so from what I read. I could be wrong but Boson sounds good to me but like i said earlier i'm still looking around.

Ive had it for more than a month.. i think if u take the test with in the month and fail they give U ur money back
  • drfagerdrfager Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. Done with an initial read of the Exam Reference. Made a 100 pg study guide from it that ill use now. I suppose ill take a break from reading, and watch the CBT Nuggets next to change things up.

Maybe i should pose the question from a different angle, rather than what to focus on.....

What area(s) tends to stump most people on the 70-410 exam?

Thanks again!
    drfager wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. Done with an initial read of the Exam Reference. Made a 100 pg study guide from it that ill use now. I suppose ill take a break from reading, and watch the CBT Nuggets next to change things up.

Maybe i should pose the question from a different angle, rather than what to focus on.....

Thanks again!

I never thought of making a study guide. Always read the book page by page... Will to share your study guide? icon_wink.gif

My Goal for the Future
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • optimaoptima Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    drfager wrote: »

Thanks again!

would i be able to get a copy of that ?
  • actionhank1786actionhank1786 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm actually curious what you did for this too.

I know Microsoft gives the basics of what you need to know, I just wish they were a bit more clear about the specifics of everything.