Junior Provisioning analyst

tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
Does anyone have any experience with this type of job? The pay on glassdoor looks promising and the job description seems like a good entry level security role. The requirements are also entry level.
2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    It's a pretty generic title. I assume you'll be provisioning something.... Besides that need a little more info to give any kind of opinion.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    It should say on the job description. Apply and see if they call.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sounds like a title where you just setup equipment for users... Just my guess based off the title, which means almost nothing.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    It could be hardware or identity and access management related, who knows. Rule #1 of IT: titles mean nothing. As the guys said, it could be a number of things. We'll need to see the job description.
  • tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I guess the job description link would help. As you guys have said so far it looks like provisioning of access and identity management.

Campbell's Careers - Job Description
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    An organization I applied to had a similar role, almost same name. Its 100% working in AD and making sure users are created with appropriate access levels and making sure terminated users are properly decommissioned. With an organization of that size, its easily a full time job. Id say its a good first step, hopefully they promote from within and you can get some more security work under your belt (if they accept you).
    Phone interview on Monday. Guess I will find out more info on the job and hopefully it pays well.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This is an IAM position for sure. You will probably be part of a team specializing in IAM. In the right company and with the right experience the job pays well, starting at 50k and going up depending on experience.
    That would be great. Then I could aim for my SSCP in one year, and CISSP in 5 years.