Phone interview follow up

DyasisDyasis Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey all, trying to see what I should do, last Tuesday I had a pre phone interview with the HR manager, and at the end of the call she said "ok, everything looks good, I will forward this the IT manager to setup a interview with him".

As of today I have yet to hear anything back, should I call her back and see 2 whats going on?

Comments

• theitprotheitpro Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Doesn't hurt to call back to check the status. This is what I have been doing.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    or email. Sometimes it takes forever for the IT manager (or whomever) to make up their mind. Just say you are 'touching base'.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'd give them some more time, you wouldn't believe how slow some companies are with their interviewing process...
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    If it's been a week I don't see any harm in following up.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    I don't either..It doesn't hurt and it will 'kinda' put your mind at ease..
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I personally never call back. If they are up to this they will call. If they are not -- your call or e-mail won't change anything. I never been in situation when they really wanted to hire me but accidentally "forgot" about me. Plus, sometimes it takes month for big enterprises to process things.
    I have been in that situation and it shows interest. sometimes, it jumpstarts events.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I personally never call back. If they are up to this they will call. If they are not -- your call or e-mail won't change anything. I never been in situation when they really wanted to hire me but accidentally "forgot" about me. Plus, sometimes it takes month for big enterprises to process things.

I disagree. We've had good prospects that just kind of fall off because other work get's in the way. Jump straight from their interview to a day booked with meetings for example. A nice reminder can certainly help. Definitely won't hurt.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    We've had good prospects that just kind of fall off because other work get's in the way.
    Absolutely agreed. And if it's a bigger company, a lot of times, things can get lost in the shuffle. And talent acquisition at some companies can be just paper pushers and a gentle reminder that you exist does not hurt.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    That's what I did .......you have to follow up especially if its a job that you really want. hr people get so busy sometime its good to remind them. Find out what their decision is. All the best.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • RoyalRavenRoyalRaven Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I say check-in with them to ensure things are moving along. However, what I have found is if you need to keep doing this throughout the process, the company may be quite disorganized and it may be something you deal with in the position!
  • DyasisDyasis Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I followed up with them and good thing I did... It seems we had a "misunderstanding" on the pay when they asked me what I was looking for, She told me I was above what they wanted to pay, so I told her well that is what I would want but by no means set in stone and I am able to work with them. So she liked that and said ok...

So I feel that if I didn't contact them back, I would have been pushed to the "trash" pile.
  • eugene_86eugene_86 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Did she say when she was going to call you or email you back?
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I work for a rather large company and I know my Director will sometimes get lost in things at work. He will forget sometimes. This is called being human as we are not perfect. I would call for follow up. It reminds that person and also shows good faith that your interested.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.