Options

retaking exam Tuesday 9/30 questions

mrose69mrose69 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey, I am gonna retake the CCNA 607 on Tuesday but I just had a few questions, with the router sims, is it ABSOLUTELY necessary to do a copy running-config startup-config after your done? And also, on celticrover it says that if you miss one config your in trouble, miss 2, you failed, is that totally true? And just one last thing, for practice router sims, is celtic rover the best site out there? Thanks a lot, even before this post, this site has helped me a lot and find other sites to also help

Matt
CCNA, A+, MCSE,MCSA, MCP, LPIC1, hopefully MCDBA soon

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I'm still trying to find out if that site is legal or not... I suspect it's not and some guy copied a complete CCNA course and put it online... not sure though... yet.

Let me ask you this:

When you configure a router in a real-world scenario, would you run copy runn start?

Also, if you would configure a router in a real-world scenario, would your customer be happy when you do it partially correct? Logically, the sims needs to be completed entirely, correctly...
  • Options
    RaelcreveRaelcreve Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm also in the "Should I try for the 607 exam, before it dies?" or should I shoot for the double test instead?

I already took 607 and failed (not by much). I found the sims very easy (the hardest of the two was definitly the subnetting). Beware though of minor problems with the configuration. I had to change something on one of my sims to get it to work...something that wasn't in what I was supposed to do...kind of a trick question.

My real dilemma is should I take INTRO Beta tomorrow, and then really bone up for ICND, or try the 607. It will end up being about the same amount of money (2 vs. 1 test).

However, I lack several pieces of important info. Like, what are the required passing scores for INTRO and ICND? I'm not looking for an exact number, but an estimate. The 607 is 849, and I find that really high. The amount of subnetting questions I got just didn't give me enough time to finish the test (I got at least 20 subnetting questions), so I have been really studying and memorizing that. Also, I've been hitting the OSI model and TCP/IP stacks pretty hard (that was another huge chunk of my test). Lastly, I got a lot of what does this Show command do.

My biggest worry is that do I take my experience from the first test, hit those areas hard and retake tomorrow? Or should I shoot for an "easier" test then take my time on the ICND? The chance of failing the 607 then having to retake again vs. the money of just taking two exams is kind of the deciding factor.

Any help here?
  • Options
    dagr8timdagr8tim Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    I'm still trying to find out if that site is legal or not... I suspect it's not and some guy copied a complete CCNA course and put it online... not sure though... yet.

I've spent some time on celticrover lately. I'm taking a crack at every free test I can to be ready for the CCNA.

I can tell you that some of the questions are very very similar to some questions I saw at the end of last quarter in the practice exams for the CCNA in the Academy.

With that said, I do find it a fair site for review of some CCNA issues.
    There are two major products that came out of Berkeley: LSD and Unix. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.