How to prepare for CISA Exam?

KonstantinKonstantin Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I am a newbie on that forum. So, I am planning to prepare and then pass the CISA exam. Materials all I have for now, is "CISA 2014 Review Manual".

So my first question will be, if there is a major changes with this release and 2015's release of CISA Review Manual?
my second question will be to prepare well for the exam which books or materials will you suggest?

Thanks in advance,
Konstantin

Comments

• dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    materials needed: official isaca materials.... the 2015 Review Manual and DB questions.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    The 2014 review manual should be fine as ISACA does not seem to change much from year to year (they seem to carry over previous years question DBs, and I have the 2014 and 2015 CISM review manuals and it's 99% the same). However you are missing out on what they do change, and slightly decreasing your passing potential by some small margin. I would purchase the 2015 CISA question and answer database and use that with the review manual you have.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just mentioned this on another thread but CBT Nuggets just released a CISA series, and they do have a 7 day free trial.
    Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
    In Progress: ​Not sure...
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Never done the CISA but I did sit for the CISM and CRISC. If the CISA study materials is typical of other ISACA materials. I recommend lots of caffeine and do not operate heavy machinery after reading ISACA materials. This stuff was dull and boring to read.
  • mokazmokaz Member Posts: 172
    paul78 wrote: »
    Never done the CISA but I did sit for the CISM and CRISC. If the CISA study materials is typical of other ISACA materials. I recommend lots of caffeine and do not operate heavy machinery after reading ISACA materials. This stuff was dull and boring to read.

Haa jeeez i'm preparing for CISM, i've red two pages of the (offical) book and slammed myself to death answering 30 questions a time of the (official) DB... God after the CISSP, CEH and OSCP this is really so annoying that i'd probably give it shot working on the question DB only and that working hard two weeks before the exam period.
  • KonstantinKonstantin Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you guys for your information...
  • KonstantinKonstantin Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We advise you again please stick to official Isaca material. The challenge in isaca's exams is the wording of the questions not the content itself. any other resource you use should only assist in making the concepts you read in the isaca review manual clearer.