70-410 failed

seth479seth479 Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
I failed today with a 592, some of the questions threw me off but the biggest reason I think was I rushed through and didnt go back over everything as I wanted. My webcam froze up twice and the proctors allowed me to restart it where I left off but said if it happened again I'd lose this attempt even though I had finished all the questions and was just going back through them. So I didnt go through all of them or even 1/4 of the ones I had marked for review.

I have it rescheduled for the 10th so going to see how that goes. This breaks my first attempt pass on my other certs so kind of bummed out right now.
LinkedIn | www.sethhall.com
In Progress - MCSE: Messaging [] 70-341 [] 70-342
Up Next - MCSE: Communication
2016 Goals: MCSE: Messaging / Communication, CCENT, LPIC-1

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That was the first cert I failed too... I definitely underestimated the difficulty of that exam. I haven't retaken it, and went onto other certs. Maybe someday I will circle back for it.
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Seth I'm studying for the 70-410.

I can't find any testing centers near me that offer the 70-410 on weekends.

I was thinking of taking the exam via proctored online exam on the weekend.

Is there a way to stop the web cam from freezing up?

Would you recommend the online proctored exams?

Can exams be taken most times of the day?

You just need a mic and web cam, correct?

Also, why would the web cam freezing go against your exam? You didn't make the web cam freeze. I guess I'm confused on this part.

Thank you in advance.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Don't worry about it. Microsoft does Second Shot for a reason...IMO they've got to know their exams are ridiculous.

Chances are you would have screwed up something if you kept reviewing. I think that's what made me fail today lol
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took the exam the 1st time online and didn't like it at all..... My appointment was at 10:00 i didn't get started until 10:20. They had issue with the speed the webcam, plus the exam. What sucked the most is right when i was done with the exam i clicked finished and BAM the exam closed not telling me if i passed it or failed it. I had to wait until about 1 hr to find out the results. I drove into work thinking did i screw up.

I did find out after i got to work logging into the site that I failed. This will be my 3rd time trying this exam again. If you could find a center to go take the exam i would do that. But if you can then take it online. I wish you the best on your exam.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • seth479seth479 Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Seth I'm studying for the 70-410.

I can't find any testing centers near me that offer the 70-410 on weekends.

I was thinking of taking the exam via proctored online exam on the weekend.

Is there a way to stop the web cam from freezing up?

Would you recommend the online proctored exams?

Can exams be taken most times of the day?

You just need a mic and web cam, correct?

Also, why would the web cam freezing go against your exam? You didn't make the web cam freeze. I guess I'm confused on this part.

Thank you in advance.

The webcam issues I had were due to me using one of those USB extension cables. I've done the online exams before and never had any issues but yesterday I was using that and didnt even think of it until the 2nd time it froze then removed it before I restarted the exam but I didnt want to risk it freezing again so hurried through.

This was my 2nd online proctored MS exam and I've enjoyed the experience each time. The check in takes some time as they have to do room scans, unplug your monitors, empty pockets, remove everything around your area, etc but worth it in my opinion if you dont have a testing center close by.

From what I looked at, exams can be scheduled any day of the week but times available vary. I wanted to schedule mine for the 30th but when I scheduled only the 1st was available. I logged in yesterday just to see if maybe any times opened up and was able to schedule it the 30th.

Yes, just a mic and webcam.

Well since they watch you, if the webcam freezes there is a period of time you are not being watched, I dont know if the audio recording was still going but frozen video could mean you may be off looking at answers I guess.
  • ed_003ed_003 Member Posts: 216
    What did you have trouble with regarding exam objectives ?
    My two very low ones were Configuring Server Roles and Features followed by Install and Administer Active Directory, then Configuring Hyper-V was third lowest. So I'm going back through sections in more details and focusing on labbing more thoroughly and have it rescheduled for the 10th
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks Seth.
    I can't get a weekend test date at the local tests center
    Online tests here I come.

You definitely make it sound less stressful /painful than it sounds.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Harmony in Maplewood offered Saturday tests a few months ago but unfortunately no longer I see. It might be because school is back in session.

Good luck all on the 70-410, after passing it last month, two hints I think are safe to give are:
    1. Really study the latest microsoft technologies in the cloud
    2. Many questions seem to have multiple correct answers, you really need to pay attention, one common one is tool/command vs cmdlet.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
    Hey Seth, how is your preparation going? I've just rescheduled my retake for the 14th.
  • ed_003ed_003 Member Posts: 216
    Just passed it no more than 5 minutes ago. I barely made it with a 720 but I'll take it. This thing was rough, not looking forward to the next two then continuing on to the MCSE: Messaging. I'm not looking forward to the next couple monnths lol
    seth479 wrote: »
    Just passed it no more than 5 minutes ago. I barely made it with a 720 but I'll take it. This thing was rough, not looking forward to the next two then continuing on to the MCSE: Messaging. I'm not looking forward to the next couple monnths lol

Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    Been studying on and off the last week. This weekend plan on sticking to at least 3 hrs... Have my coffee ready and my lab up and running ... going to study the night away .

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
    Louie1277 wrote: »
    Been studying on and off the last week. This weekend plan on sticking to at least 3 hrs... Have my coffee ready and my lab up and running ... going to study the night away .

Definitely lab. There was saying handful of questions I would not have answered correctly if I hadn't so can't recommend it enough.
    The book i'm reading has me reading but also doing lab work. But I need more lab time on figuring out stuff. This week i'm going to try to hit the books hard, and study. I see a lot of users are talking about the technet location. My thing is that they don't really have examples or guide on how to follow things. I'm more of show me then reading person.

I could be wrong but I will try that once i'm done reading my book.

My Goal for the Future
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
    Nice Seth. I passed this exam about 2 hours ago. icon_thumright.gif
  • Ugly-051Ugly-051 Member Posts: 63 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The whole exam syllabus isn’t easy but there is a quite a lot of documentation on Technet and YT that will help you get a bit of extra study. There is also a lot of time for the exam too so it’s worth taking your time.