Options

CCNP Switch 300-115 Study Partner

luchoNetworkingluchoNetworking Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everybody. This is my first post in here. I would like to become a CCNP in R&S and I'm looking for somebody who is in the same situation to do it togheter... practice labs, discuss about protocols, exam questions... etc. I've passed the 300-115 Switch exam yesterday and I failed it for 20 points... 790 was the passing score and I got 770... it really sucked. Anyways... I'm not going to stop it there, I will continue trying.

So.. if you anybody is in this same situation let me know!!

Cheers,

Luis

Comments

• Options
    jelexyjelexy Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You passed the switch exam? or you meant to say you have attempt the exam,but failed!
    I'm planning to take switch exam on October 20,2015. maybe be we can team for the route and tshoot exam.
  • Options
    White WizardWhite Wizard Member Posts: 179
    Im preparing for this exam as well but wont be taking it until December as I just started Studying about 2-3 weeks ago. Good luck!
    "The secret to happiness is doing what you love. The secret to success is loving what you do."
  • Options
    shortstop20shortstop20 Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I too am working on CCNP Switch. Hoping to be finished with it by end of October or November, then onto Route.
    CCNA Security - 6/11/2018
    CCNP TShoot - 3/7/2018
    CCNP Route - 1/31/2018
    CCNP Switch - 12/10/2015
    CCNA R/S - 1/14/2015
  • Options
    gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Working on CCNP switch as well, hope to be done by end of October. Read OCG, reading FLG and watching Chris Bryant. I have a lab at home as well so I am working on some topics. Looking forward to getting done with SWITCH and working on ROUTE soon.
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • Options
    Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    I too am studying for this one, I'll be taking the exam in December or January (depending on how much time I decide to spend in the pub over xmas icon_redface.gif).
  • Options
    teuchterteuchter Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Currently studying for my SWITCH exam (december) would like to speak to others about topics. PM me here for my email.
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am currently trying to finish off switch as well. I was dragging my feet with staying committed in the recent past but the focus in honed in now. I attempted the old test once right before the cut off but didn't get the pass. Recently I picked up the new OCG book and am 75% done reading / taking notes (lots of refresh really). At the end of November I am also signed up to take a Global Knowledge class as a reinforcer before taking the test. I plan to have a solid amount of lab hours in before that and plenty of notes reviewed. Hopefully should be able to sit for an attempt very soon after.

Maybe we can use this thread for pop quiz Q/A? Or share anything else we might not quite get for collaboration?
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    I just finished the SWITCH book the other day. Just need to brush up on weak areas and do some labs.
    CCNP TShoot - 3/7/2018
    CCNP Route - 1/31/2018
    CCNP Switch - 12/10/2015
    CCNA R/S - 1/14/2015
  • Options
    Hi!

Since everybody here is studing for this test I wanted to ask you a little question. I'm retaking the exam tomorrow morning... I know it's maybe a little bit late but anyways... I found a practical exercise that asks for a trunk to be configured between 2 switches (2 links as a port channel). It asks that vlans 1, 2.... and some more to be tagged when they go through the trunk. For me there are 2 possibilities:

1 - Use switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q with global command vlan dot1q tag native (so native vlan 1 will be tagged) but that would be done in every switch trunk, I don't find that optimal.
    2 - Use switchport trunk encapsulation isl as isl sends every frame encapsulated.

The exercise does not tell anything about which encapsulation method to use... What would you do?

Cheers!!

Luis
  • Options
    SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    I would go for the first method personally. Easier to see in the running configuration I guess.
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle
  • Options
    dabadaba Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm also retaking switch tomorrow morning!

Regarding your question about tagging vlan 1, another option would be to change the native vlan on both switches to something other than vlan1.
  • Options
    daba wrote: »
    I'm also retaking switch tomorrow morning!

Regarding your question about tagging vlan 1, another option would be to change the native vlan on both switches to something other than vlan1.

Yes, change it globally on the switch or only on a specific interface, whichever the scenario calls for.
    CCNP TShoot - 3/7/2018
    CCNP Route - 1/31/2018
    CCNP Switch - 12/10/2015
    CCNA R/S - 1/14/2015
  • Options
    #daba, #Simrid and #shortstop20 Thanks for your replies!!! I forgot that option... changing the native vlan to another id different than 1. I think it's a good solution :)

#daba Good luck! Let's see what's our destiny tomorrow haha icon_thumright.gif