640-554 changed now only

NiviiNivii Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello guys,

Whoever is planning to give exam before November, be prepared to face new questions. Around 85% questions are different what we usually practice for 640-554.

Yes, CCP questions, i got ,was easy.

I will suggest all, let them change totally and then you take test.

Thanks!

Comments

• alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Around here we don't spend our time memorizing questions and answers, so it doesn't really matter whether or not they changed the question pool. If you actually study the material and learn the concepts, the exact wording of the question doesn't really matter.
  • HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Its not so much that they changed the pool of questions, its more of what material they are sourcing the questions from. Seems that the older CCNP Security material is now in play. I have taken a peek at the **** site forums to see what everyone is complaining about and a lot of links to additional material. It looks from the outside that the Dumpers blew the exam out of the water for a few weeks so Cisco threw a big FU of an exam out there. If you where the Honest Joe and just did the Cisco Press guide, FLG, CBT, GNS3 and typical Boson exam, it will net you a 6XX score. It might just be all hype also, I'm sitting the exam on the 16th after my Security Boot Camp so I will report back my opinion on it.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • bamahonkybamahonky Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is exactly why I have given up on this exam. The 640-554 has been messed with too much. As you stated "If you where the Honest Joe and just did the Cisco Press guide, FLG, CBT, GNS3 and typical Boson exam, it will net you a 6XX score.", I done the same and came out with a little better score both times I have taken this.

I honestly do not know if I will come back and take the new CCNA Security. After the multiple changes that have been made to 640-554, I am very hesitant to take the new exam. How many times will Cisco change the exam without working with companies that make study guides/videos?
    Looks like my Boot Camp changed from 640-554 to the 210-260 course outline. looks like I will be sitting the newer exam in 2 weeks.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    You're better off Hondabuff, no CCP in the new exam outline.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    The new 210-260 Outline for the Bootcamp looks pretty good. just found the book for $20

[h=2]CCNA Security 210-260 Bootcamp Course Content[/h]Module 1: Security Concepts
    • Threatscape
    • Threat defense technologies
    • Security policy and basic security architectures
    • Cryptographic technologies
    Module 2: Secure Network Devices
    • Implementing AAA
    • Management protocols and systems
    • Securing the control plane
    Module 3: Layer 2 Security
    • Securing layer 2 infrastructures
    • Securing layer 2 protocols
    Module 4: Firewall
    • Firewall technologies
    • Introducing the Cisco ASA v9.2
    • Cisco ASA access control and service policies
    • Cisco IOS zone based firewall
    Module 5: VPN
    • IPsec technologies
    • Site-to-Site VPN
    • Client based remote access VPN
    • Clientless remote access VPN
    Module 6: Advanced Topics
    • Intrusion detection and protection
    • Endpoint protection
    • Content Security
    • Advanced network security architectures
    [h=2]Labs[/h]
    • Exploring Cryptographic Technologies
    • Configure and Verify AAA
    • Configuration Management Protocols
    • Securing Routing Protocols
    • VLAN Security and ACLs on Switches
    • Port Security and Private VLAN Edge
    • Securing DHCP, ARP, and STP
    • Explore Firewall Technologies
    • Cisco ASA Interfaces and NAT
    • Access Control Using the Cisco ASA
    • Exploring Cisco IOS Zone-Based Firewall
    • Explore IPsec Technologies
    • IOS-Based Site-to-Site VPN
    • ASA-Based Site-to-Site VPN
    • Remote Access VPN: ASA and AnyConnect
    • Clientless Remote Access VPN
    • Configure AAA and Secure Remote Administration
    • Configure Secure Network Management Protocols
    • Configure Secure EIGRP Routing
    • Configure Secure Layer 2 Infrastructure
    • Configure DHCP Snooping and STP Protection
    • Configure Interfaces and NAT on the Cisco ASA
    • Configure Network Access Control with the Cisco ASA
    • Configure Site-to-Site VPN on IOS
    • Configure AnyConnect Remote Access VPN on ASA
    • Configure Clientless SSL VPN on the ASA
  • bigbenhotnessbigbenhotness Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is what has me worried. I know a lot of dumpers ruin the integrity of the exam and I keep hearing how it's tougher now. I am not sure whether to study for this exam or just study for the new one.
  • NiviiNivii Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear Bigben,

I will suggest to wait even more....i mean after the new exam is launched ,wait for atleast 6-7 months and then write exam. Take some reviews till that time. Understand the pattern thoroughly and then attempt.
  • bigbenhotnessbigbenhotness Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i cant afford to wait 6-7 months lol