Network+ N10-006 Study Materials

WyreWyre Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all!!

I've been studying for the N+ for a few weeks now and wanted to know what materials you use to study for the exam.

Currently I am using:

Crucialexams as well as their app

Professor Messer

And Eli the Computer Guy

Any suggestions??

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Download a copy of the objectives from CompTIA.

How much experience do you have working with the material being tested?
    Sybex has a good text as does Meyers.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The study materials I used was the ExamCram CompTIA Network+ (N10-006) 5th Edition by Emmett Dulaney (ISBN-13: 978-0789754103) and the All In One CompTIA Network+ (N10-006) 6th Edition by Mike Meyers (ISBN-13: 978-0071848220). The websites I used was the examcompass .com, cybrary .it, quizlet. com, and professormesser .com. What I did was I used the ExamCram book as my main source of studying. What ever information I did not understand and or needed more information on, I used the All In One book as a reference guide because it goes into more detail. Therefore, I used both books to study from and passed the Nework+ exam with no issues at all. Both books and websites come highly recommended. Hope this helps in terms of study material information. Good luck. icon_thumright.gif
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • MartogMartog Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm starting my Network+, I used a trial of CBT Nuggets to power through the videos, then going to use Professor Messer, I got the ExamCram book and my co-worker has the All in One by Mike I'm going to borrow and will be looking into what practice tests I am going to use. A decent amount is familiar to me as I have been working on networks for almost eight years now but some stuff I never touched (IPV6 for one) and subnetting I'll have to brush back up on.
  • BetrayalBetrayal Member Posts: 108
    I use Professor Messer's videos to study for the exam.