Pluralsight?

LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
I am prepping for my MCSA 2012 / MSCE.

Reading through all the threads, I see people recommend the book MCSA Study guide, and some people recommend CBT Nuggets. I heard CBT Nuggets = Plural Sight now? (Bought out). Can anyone tell me if Pluralsight is any good?

I have been doing Server 2012 stuff in the last year, deploying servers and doing basic network installs (DNS, DHCP, File Server stuff). and want to get certified.
Kindly doing the needful

Comments

• LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I didnt dig deep enough, all set!
    Kindly doing the needful
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Actually Plural Sight bought out Train signal.
    Plural Sight has a lot of videos and courses.
    They seem to have more content than CBT nuggets
    Also, the monthly price is very reasonable.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • ed_003ed_003 Member Posts: 216
    good stuff on PluralSight !
  • thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am watching PluralSight after CBTNuggets. I like PluralSight more...shorter videos and less fluff (I don't like James Conrad's jokes about his wife or being bald)
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes i have to agree about the whole joking around. I paid to learn and show me things not talk about your wife or how your camera almost feel off the hill.

I switched over to Pluralsight and so far it's been good.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have same issue with James Conrad. His voice okay. But fewer jokes.
    little enthusiasm okay, but too much. He can joke in intro but not rest of course.

i am thinking about checking out plural for Microsoft stuff.

i am watching project. Mgmt courses via cbt and they just do material without the jokes.
  • poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have used Pluralsight and CBT both and I prefer Pluralsight for all the reasons mentioned above in this thread.

However, I want to stress that these videos are not comprehensive. They are helpful to see the technology and get an idea how things work together. They are not the end all solution to passing exams. Use them for overviews and as a way to get an idea of how the technology works and then move on to other methods of study.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • hailhailhailhail Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i done the cbt videos for 2012 as a work colleague thought pluralsight wasnt great, but as mentioned @poolmanjim its just a basic overview and very little 'technical' stuff i found, so using the craig zacker r2 book for my 70-410 in a few weeks.

Louie1277, i dont think it was his fault the camera almost fell i think he said someone else knocked iticon_rolleyes.gif, sad i can remember that and not a more worthy part of the tutorials......
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hailhail wrote: »
    i done the cbt videos for 2012 as a work colleague thought pluralsight wasnt great, but as mentioned @poolmanjim its just a basic overview and very little 'technical' stuff i found, so using the craig zacker r2 book for my 70-410 in a few weeks.

Louie1277, i dont think it was his fault the camera almost fell i think he said someone else knocked iticon_rolleyes.gif, sad i can remember that and not a more worthy part of the tutorials......

Yes I know what you mean... I remember him talking about his wife and friends more then the material it self. SUCKS !!!!!

Oh well i moved on to plurasight it must easier to keep up plus the videos are short. The mind kind of likes that and keeps you awake. lol...
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Ugly-051Ugly-051 Member Posts: 63 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I’ve used PS for a number of my MCSE 2012 exams, I think used the 70-410 one with Ed (which was trash) and also being using the Gregg Shields ones which go into a good amount of detail.